Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

post-83454-0-70271500-1451908242_thumb.jpg

If you want to know when it's going to rain just ask me when I'm going for a ride again. It absolutely lashed down just after this pic was taken. Riding a superbike in the rain at night is about as much fun as a visit to the dentist.

post-83454-0-93049300-1451908257_thumb.jpg

That was me - I moved it over to the 2-Strokes thread :-)

WOW Andyman, that is awesome! Well done!

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/enfield-himalayan-launch-imminent/30658.html

I'm going to be following this with interest. Pig-ugly, but I can only think that this is going to be the Motorcycle equivalent of a Hoover or an old Kelvinator Fridge.....

Back in 2006 I was part of the Yamaha Support Team for Riders for Health/Enduro Africa - a 7 day trip in the Eastern Cape. The bike of choice? The good old AG200. Apart from punctures, and regular servicing, we didn't have one genuine mechanical. Lots of accident and rider damage, but no engine failures whatsoever. I think the Himalayan is going to be in the same mould.

I still have a soft spot for the AG - won't do more than 100 on a (steep) downhill, but if you want a real workhorse you cant go wrong.

PS - the rider giving the little kid a lift is a famous 500GP Rider. Probably one of the best. Anyone care to guess who it is......

post-15215-0-91824500-1452581140_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-16026500-1452581150_thumb.jpg

I noticed that the owner/manager of Syringa XP at Muldersdrift has been murdered. RIP . Good memories of many moons ago . BTW , the park borders on Avianto Bike Park. Makes one think ?????

• 4 weeks later...

Nice. One day when I grow up that's probably what I'll look to get.

I fear em road bikes. I will stick to my ktm 300 thank you.

I fear em road bikes. I will stick to my ktm 300 thank you.

I intend to spend as little time as possible on freeways, I'm going the "backroads" route. far more amazing things to see. And I will abide by a old adage. " There are many bold motorcyclists, but there are not many, old, bold motorcyclists."