Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What foot pegs do you suggest I buy? Or are the std ones good enough?

I still have the standard ones. no issues at all. My next purchases will be new 2 finger levers and a Touratech screen aextender.

Edited by facmp

What foot pegs do you suggest I buy? Or are the std ones good enough?

Standard one have worked fine for me, just take the rubber inserts out as they are slippery when wet, especially when standing for long periods.

Standard one have worked fine for me, just take the rubber inserts out as they are slippery when wet, especially when standing for long periods.

exactly. I forgot to mention the rubber inserts

Yes please

I'm not so sure. Two reasons, they will likely take some abuse & look tacky if not 'cleaned' up quickly, also matching the colour over time could be tricky & expensive. Secondly, that colour stands out, so, should you spray them black they won't seem that obvious.

Regardless, that bike will look cool!

I'm not so sure. Two reasons, they will likely take some abuse & look tacky if not 'cleaned' up quickly, also matching the colour over time could be tricky & expensive. Secondly, that colour stands out, so, should you spray them black they won't seem that obvious.

Regardless, that bike will look cool!

I thought the frame WAS black.... they have got to go black.... :)

(btw - black is a bugger to match properly)

attachicon.gifimage1.JPG

If you want to know when it's going to rain just ask me when I'm going for a ride again. It absolutely lashed down just after this pic was taken. Riding a superbike in the rain at night is about as much fun as a visit to the dentist.

attachicon.gifimage2.JPG

Only thing I found worse than the rain is riding a superbike in the snow.

Did it once, and it was two times too many for me. ;) :P

12733646_1146907445321015_78366864714571

Would love to be able to take my MTB with on my bmw k1200s but all web searches gave me was options for dualsport bikes. Now trying to find a solution that I can fix to a top box bracket ... Anybody here fix their bikes to their bikes [emoji6]

Would love to be able to take my MTB with on my bmw k1200s but all web searches gave me was options for dualsport bikes. Now trying to find a solution that I can fix to a top box bracket ... Anybody here fix their bikes to their bikes [emoji6]

Louis Knipe built his own one - evobikes should.have his number - think he works in the same building

Here's a motorcycle not many of you know exist and most probably won't see on the roads that often, if at all. It's a Husqvarna Nuda 900R with ABS, with the ABS that can be switched on or off at the push of a button when standing still.

In short, BMW who owned Husqvarna had this unique bike brought to life in the same 'Centro Stile' studios in Milan in limited numbers. To quote from the booklet: The heart and soul of the Nuda 900 R is the technologically advanced parallel twin BMW F800 R motor, increased in capacity to 900cc and adapted to Husqvarna's specific requirements to give the Nuda even more power and torque (>100hp and 100Nm) across the rev range. Agile at low speeds, stable at high speeds, the Nuda 900 R is designed with stylish intent and is engineered to thrill. Bold and and fresh Italian styling.

It's a Street naked (nuda) which everyone raved about when it got released. It's not a supermoto e.g. the SM610 or the new 701 and it's not an off-road, it's purely a road bike. KTM purchased Husqvarna from BMW and production immediately stopped.

The Nuda is not build for top speed, but more for acceleration and for very fast city travel through traffic, to "Mistreat The Street". It has a brutal, but beautiful and very 'Nuda' unique sound to it.

Kitted out with fully adjustable Ohlins rear shock, Fuel Tank is located under the seat for ideal weight distribution, fully adjustable 48mm Sachs forks at the front and Brembo monobloc racing brakes with 320mm discs providing huge stopping power.

Here's a short video I made of it yesterday late afternoon while cruising the Cradle of Humankind. Currently playing with all kinds of editing software etc. Was shot on my old GoPro Hero, it's time for an upgrade and a handheld gimble...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrI_slFPveA