Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Ok guys, I sold my Triumph to buy my Dad's Fazer600 - I think in the last year, I have ridden it twice.  it's a brilliant bike, but I just don't see myself commuting to KGDP on a motorbike anymore - it's just getting too scary.  And if I need to pop down to the shops, or to Que Sera for breakfast, I take the DT.

So - anyone looking for a brilliant commuter?  2007 FZ6, bought new, 25000km.  I paid R40k, so I will look to at least recover that.

Mmmm...very tempting.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My inner voice and I are fiercely debating whether I take on this addition to the family

That is a really really really really really difficult decision it seems to me. On the other hand, do what Nike says, just do it.

I fully agree with this review.. I have a 2016 390 Duke, and oh Boy its got a lot of power. Light,nimble and very Fast!!

I just cant help myself pushing it past 150km/ph on the highway ( and even then, it just wants to go faster)...Only downside, the fuel tank is a bit small...

Agreed, an extra 5l fuel would make a huge difference

Took it for COR on Monday - breezed through. So spent most of yesterday behaving like a teenager blasting around the neighbourhood. Eventually I got a disapproval look (much like the one your coach gives you when you have a red block on TrainingPeaks)from my neighbour so I had to park it. I'll have to take off the front-end again unfortunately - the headset ball bearings were iffy and it was always going to be a risk putting them back. Hopefully I can find a set of taper-rollers which I can retro-fit. Should make it a whole lot better.

post-15215-0-15410400-1470808878_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-75562900-1470808886_thumb.jpg

Andymann, I did speak to Mr Koster, he sends his regards.

He is now working from home, after building a small workshop on his premises. He is staying not to far from me.

Andymann, I did speak to Mr Koster, he sends his regards.

He is now working from home, after building a small workshop on his premises. He is staying not to far from me.

Brilliant! Will he be able to help you?

Brilliant! Will he be able to help you?

You know Gary !!  :thumbup:

I must take the FZR to him, and he will do an evaluation for me. 

Will do that as soon as I got the bike transported down to me. Might be a while before that happens.

Can anyone help me, mate of mine got Italjet 50cc from around early 80's. It's currently in pieces. He would like some one that could possibly put it all back together, Any recommendations in JHB North? Thanks

Will do that as soon as I got the bike transported down to me. Might be a while before that happens.

"Shot Bru"

My inner voice and I are fiercely debating whether I take on this addition to the family

Go for it! I rode one of these at the Kyalami bike show. On track with original tyres it was pretty amazing (considering type of bike) and in the dirt with knobblies it was as easy to ride as my KLR but with a nice amount of power.

It is my dream bike........well, on the days I don't hanker after a Thruxton R!!

Took it for COR on Monday - breezed through. So spent most of yesterday behaving like a teenager blasting around the neighbourhood. Eventually I got a disapproval look (much like the one your coach gives you when you have a red block on TrainingPeaks)from my neighbour so I had to park it. I'll have to take off the front-end again unfortunately - the headset ball bearings were iffy and it was always going to be a risk putting them back. Hopefully I can find a set of taper-rollers which I can retro-fit. Should make it a whole lot better.

This is a very pretty little bike. Randburg Motorcycles had one on the floor for R25000. It was tidy and very nearly became part of my collection. A purchase of an '83 750 F in very tidy condition, settled that!

The world is such a small place! Gary is my wrench too! Such a stand up dude!

This is a very pretty little bike. Randburg Motorcycles had one on the floor for R25000. It was tidy and very nearly became part of my collection. A purchase of an '83 750 F in very tidy condition, settled that!

I'm really enjoying it. Only problem is it really shouldn't be used every day - there were so many of them, and now you hardly see any. And spares are so difficult to get.