Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky ****!

post-52292-0-88738400-1475694543_thumb.jpeg

Saw this XJR 1300 at The Bike Shed on Sunday. Built by Deus. Looks really understated but the build quality was amazing. Check out the welding on the pipes, the RWU Ohlins, the brakes....I liked it a lot.

As a Yamaha chap, you may like it!

Had a good look at the Yamaha R3 yesterday (was at Droomers to look for the supposed R199 Fox gloves) and it looks like a decent piece of kit, miniature R1 so to speak. At R64 000.00 not too bad priced either.

But then the hooligan in me (bastard does not want to die, even at age 51 :blush: ) thought uhmmm.... how difficult will it be to fit a properly worked and stroked 350YPVS motor in there.  

Sounds like the best of both worlds, a modern, good looking and handling "mini" sportsbike, with a howling, screaming banshee of a 2T motor in it.

In my books, that's a Win Win....

Good grief, is that what small sportbikes cost these days???

As for your motor upgrade hypothetical (which I'm guessing it is), can't imagine that the frame is designed for that sort of power, and you'll have to upgrade suspension and brakes all-round, not to mention a whole bunch of fabrication required to get the motor into the frame, which might be too wide to start with in any case (Single vs Parallel Twin)

Good grief, is that what small sportbikes cost these days???

As for your motor upgrade hypothetical (which I'm guessing it is), can't imagine that the frame is designed for that sort of power, and you'll have to upgrade suspension and brakes all-round, not to mention a whole bunch of fabrication required to get the motor into the frame, which might be too wide to start with in any case (Single vs Parallel Twin)

Jip, that is what they cost these days.

I read up about the R3. The chassis is over engineered, can handle a lot more power, and the suspension is adjustable at the back, front unfortunately not. It has the same chassis length as the R1, for added stability. Brakes is more than adequate, with ABS assistance.

It is a parallel  twin, so engine width will not be a problem. Only hassle I see is that the engine is part of the chassis design, where the YPVS motor fits into the frame cradle. 

And yes, at this stage it is hypothetical, my pockets is not deep enough for such an engineering exercise, even though I have access to the right people with the right equipment.

Would be lekker though, to build such a hybrid....

One day, when I have finished buggering around with old bikes, I'm going to find an R15. And shoe-horn that spare DT/WR200 Hybrid motor I have lying in my garage into the chassis. And then sneak up onto unsuspecting 600's. Well for the first 100m anyway....

I remember a guy at school that somehow converted his 50 to an 80/85cc or fitted an 80/85cc into an RZ (I think....  It was a long time ago...). I just remember it was fast....

I rode my mates son's KX65 a few years ago..... Hory Shet that thing was fast! It tried too throw me off twice. I said How do these kids ride these things? He reckoned that lack of traction was a big part!

And that is how you make your name gat... :D

And preferably not on a R100k+ bike that's still peachy and fresh.

Nothing like an ill conceived wheelie to show the boys your latent stuntman skills.

And preferably not on a R100k+ bike that's still peachy and fresh.

Nothing like an ill conceived wheelie to show the boys your latent stuntman skills.

And apparently it was at a press launch as well......[emoji33]

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

My new to me 1983 C750F, a fine addition to my small collection.

Pure 80's - gold, red and black!

There's one languishing here in a used car/bike dealership on the dodgy side of Krugersdorp where our factory is.  Haven't been to look at it, but every morning when I drive past I see it there.  Hasn't moved in over a month.  Looks very, very original too.