Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-52292-0-15678000-1475616399_thumb.jpeg

So the big H are due to build this machine for 2017, man, I like it........a lot, however, I would love to see some spoked wheels on the beast!

Had a good look at the Yamaha R3 yesterday (was at Droomers to look for the supposed R199 Fox gloves) and it looks like a decent piece of kit, miniature R1 so to speak. At R64 000.00 not too bad priced either.

But then the hooligan in me (bastard does not want to die, even at age 51 :blush: ) thought uhmmm.... how difficult will it be to fit a properly worked and stroked 350YPVS motor in there.  

Sounds like the best of both worlds, a modern, good looking and handling "mini" sportsbike, with a howling, screaming banshee of a 2T motor in it.

In my books, that's a Win Win....

Edited by Wannabe

Question for one of you clever motorbike mechanics. I'm looking at getting a slip-on Akrapovic Exhaust or a IXIL Exhaust for my KTM Duke.

Must I still Take it to the KTM Dealership for it to be mapped or doesn't it matter?

I don't really like the exchaust pipes on the side. Can we somehow modify that the Akrapovic to be below the Seat of the Duke. It would look much cooler.

There are ample space.

Running my ass.

But the crank does seem ok thank goodness :-)

And hey I have my missing chainguard.

Are you doing this because you got nothing else to do or because it's your occupation ? Asking because I am looking for somebody to fix a few things on my KLE500 .

Are you doing this because you got nothing else to do or because it's your occupation ? Asking because I am looking for somebody to fix a few things on my KLE500 .

Andyman and his Dad are two of the best restorers of motorbikes in South Africa, with a emphasis on returning to as close to original as possible.

Andyman and his Dad are two of the best restorers of motorbikes in South Africa, with a emphasis on returning to as close to original as possible.

Wow thanks! There are some pretty good restorers out there though - you just need to go to a few of the bike shows to see that.

Having said that, we are currently busy with a BSA Gold Star - arguably one of the most desirable bikes of the 1950's and 60's. The R1/916 of its day. And this one is going to be pretty special, the aim will be to make it the best bike we have ever restored....

Mostly because I'm bored! No kids, no DSTV and a very understanding wife means I get to spend time in my garage!

I'll be honest I try and stick to Yamaha because I know them the best and I know where to source parts. I've never worked on a KLE before so being Mr. Conservative I would be a bit apprehensive. But lets chat - maybe its small stuff and I can help you do them yourself - a lot of fun in that!

Wow thanks! There are some pretty good restorers out there though - you just need to go to a few of the bike shows to see that.

Having said that, we are currently busy with a BSA Gold Star - arguably one of the most desirable bikes of the 1950's and 60's. The R1/916 of its day. And this one is going to be pretty special, the aim will be to make it the best bike we have ever restored....

That's a BSA Gold Star. 180kph top speed in 1957 means that not many survived :-)

post-15215-0-12284300-1475659977_thumb.jpg

Andy, you still got access to 350YPVS engines and spares?

I'm afraid I was the box who bought all of Yamaha SA's old stock, and a lot of the dealer stock and then sold it all in a moment of weakness. Still kicking myself for that one.

All I have left is a set of forks which I forgot I had and stayed behind when the trailer came.....

Mostly because I'm bored! No kids, no DSTV and a very understanding wife means I get to spend time in my garage!

I'll be honest I try and stick to Yamaha because I know them the best and I know where to source parts. I've never worked on a KLE before so being Mr. Conservative I would be a bit apprehensive. But lets chat - maybe its small stuff and I can help you do them yourself - a lot of fun in that!

Thanks Andy . I am just to lazy to work on the bike but I suppose I can set a hour or two aside to get it going . The bike is in showroom condition with 140 000km on and been standing now for about 14 months . Starting to feel guilty and I want to take her out to get some fresh air again . 

I'm afraid I was the box who bought all of Yamaha SA's old stock, and a lot of the dealer stock and then sold it all in a moment of weakness. Still kicking myself for that one.

All I have left is a set of forks which I forgot I had and stayed behind when the trailer came.....

Hang on to that forks for me please.

Possible future build I have in mind.