Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Some help needed.

I'm planning on servicing the front forks of my 450 Husky. Fork seal is leaking at the moment so I might as well change the oil and seals as they are probably due.

Best plan in JHB to get replacement fork seals? I'm in the Randburg area.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some help needed.

I'm planning on servicing the front forks of my 450 Husky. Fork seal is leaking at the moment so I might as well change the oil and seals as they are probably due.

Best plan in JHB to get replacement fork seals? I'm in the Randburg area.

Did you try and clean the seals? Swiping a thin piece of plastic between the seal and fork could clear up your problem

Did you try and clean the seals? Swiping a thin piece of plastic between the seal and fork could clear up your problem

I havent. To be honest its leaked so much fluid that I reckon it needs new oil anyway and I might as well replace the oil in both forks while I'm at it.

Will have a look to see what the seals look like when I take apart..maybe they dont need replacing.

Check out slavins racing's video on servicing the forks. I have open cartridge forks on my 300. I have serviced 3x. Quick ans easy job. Just make sure you get all the old oil out and bleed the fork with the new oil. I just took a syringe and a straw that I cut to length to set the oil level/height

Edited by Boerklong

Check out slavins racing's video on servicing the forks. I have open cartridge forks on my 300. I have serviced 3x. Quick ans easy job. Just make sure you get all the old oil out and bleed the fork with the new oil. I just took a syringe and a straw that I cut to length to set the oil level/height

Awesome thanks. Will search the you tube for the vid

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm  which exhaust for my F800GS?

Akropovic R14500 :eek:

Leo Vince LV one R7200 :w00t:

Bezerker/Scorch R3500 :blush:

Not decatting my bike as its still under warranty

http://img-1.newatlas.com/mv-agusta-f4z-zagato-5.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&fit=max&h=670&q=60&w=1000&s=d62efccca47f30a80d089bc4c921f556

http://img-1.newatlas.com/mv-agusta-f4z-zagato-7.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&fit=max&h=670&q=60&w=1000&s=287ddd5f6dc4d5509a8db47b6ac53835

http://img-3.newatlas.com/mv-agusta-f4z-zagato-8.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&fit=max&h=670&q=60&w=1000&s=0e485d3ce5505f61038bbdd16f73eb93

• 2 weeks later...

So I have to share this...if you look at the photo on my 125, it's missing a small section of chainguard at the front of the swingarm. If you don't know its missing its fine, but once you do, it sticks out like the testicles on a male canine, and it bugs the hell out of me. So for the past few months I have been trying to find one. New they are discontinued. I also am not too happy with the Loctite holding the main drive nut onto the crank, so I'm also keeping an eye open for a spare crank....

post-15215-0-13038000-1475565583_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andymann

So I hear about this 125LC out on a farm north of Pretoria, and the guys sends me pics - yes, it runs he says, and wonder of wonders, it has the missing piece i'm looking for. It also has a few other rare parts, like a headlight, headlight cowl, taillight, and hey, if it runs, then the crank is still good....

He did mention that the clutch needs attention though.

Now I know Yamaha DT clutches and they are bloody hardy things. At worst, the fingers on the basket wear, and a bit of a file sorts those out. So I figure, probably just needs a bit of adjustment and maybe a few new plates....

post-15215-0-76238100-1475565930_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-90606500-1475565938_thumb.jpg

So off I go to the back of beyond and after a bit of haggling I load the bike up. Kickstart is a bit floppy I notice, and the tank is loose so there is no way I can start it. There's also no clutch cable or lever. Aha I think. There's your clutch problem right there....and I have a spare cable and lever in a box at home. This is looking promising....

So when I get home I quickly connect a cable and hmmm - clutch seems very light, and bloody kickstart won't engage...lets whip off the clutch cover and have a look see....

WTF - is that the end of the main drive shaft I see?????

post-15215-0-99635800-1475566273_thumb.jpg

And wow the basket is all smashed up.

And it has an extra plate. Made out of wood.....

And he's WELDED the clutch basket to the broken end of the main drive shaft......

post-15215-0-83218200-1475566403_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-41826100-1475566415_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-89702600-1475566425_thumb.jpg

Running my ass.

But the crank does seem ok thank goodness :-)

And hey I have my missing chainguard.

Running my ass.

But the crank does seem ok thank goodness :-)

And hey I have my missing chainguard.

And some farm fresh spare parts :thumbup: , for the next build

Never fear, watch this space. I also bought it for the wheels and rear swingwarm and shock. Old 1950's British scramblers were so useless with their rudimentary suspension. And Retro-Build Scramblers are quite fashionable these days....