GoPro captures gunpoint mountain bike robbery in Somerset West

Gerlach

I would have torn the first ones head off with my bare hands, then used the severed head a a projectile to incapacitate the 2nd one and finally I would have whipped out my nob and bludgeoned the third one to death, cos I have had the training you know!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your name is Chuck Norris, Charles Bronsen or Buce Willis - stay calm, hand over the material items that can be replaced, then take a trap home to see your wife and kids - en route home, say a little thanks to your gaurdian angels.

I am sure that there are many guys with Roneblack46 skills, and would have mowed them all down and continued with their ride, however, for every 1000 people, there may be one such skilled person - and thats a big maybe.

Anyways, Roneblack46, is Oscar guilty and going to jail for a long time?

I hope so. He really f$cked up there. At this stage his defense is trying to keep the jail time to a minimum. I worked with Gerrie Nel for a long time so yeah jail time it is gonna be.

Yip....they do and hours and hours of simulations and live fire in kill houses.

They also aren't qualified untill they have 2-3 years live experience.

You saying that you on SAS or SEAL level?

I have had the privilege of training with the Seals and working alongside them in Africa. I will leave it at that.

Geez guys i should have put my flame suit on first.

In my post I said that is what I would do. And NO i would not go to jail.

It is clear there are many opinions about this and countless threads prior to this about what to do, what to carry. Every one has his own preference. To those with the "remarks" you clearly do not know anything about use of force and self defence requirements. Not judging anyone here. so let me clarify.

To those who doubt:

In this instance the perp is carrying a pistol. Most probably in the process of pointing a firearm at you. It is clear what his intentions are. The requirements for self defence is -

1. the attack must be unlawful. (clearly in this case)

2. the attack must be imminent or have commenced (in this case it has commenced, perp has pistol in hand)

3. The attack must be against your person ( clearly in this case)

4. Force used must be proportional to that of the attack. (perp has gun, so use of firearm will be lawful)

This is a clear cut scenario where the use of deadly force will be justifiable. The legal term is justifiable homocide. The perp does not have to commence firing. The mere pointing of the firearm is sufficient for use of deadly force.

I can guarantee 200% that the accomplices will scatter and run for the hills at the sound of the first shot been fired. Let them run, they are not the immediate threat.

If you have the oppurtunity please go to you tube and watch the combat shooting videos. You will see that engaging 3-4 targets in mere seconds is quite possible FOR SOMEONE WHO TRAINS REGULARLY.

I carry my pistol in a specially design waist band holster. It sits snug to my side under my cycling shirt. I merely have to lift my shirt and draw. You cannot see it as it does not create a bulge or impression. The idea is to give yourself space to react. as i said every scenario may be different.

No I am not Rambo but seeing this footage is great as it shows you exactly how it goes down. How many of you have run this same or similar scenarios in your mind as a preparation for what to do when it happens. mental conditioning is vital.

I work in an environment where mental conditioning and preparedness is critical.

I hope this explains it a bit.

Flame suit on again....

well explained Mr...i'll accept your rebuttal... :thumbup:

I hope so. He really f$cked up there. At this stage his defense is trying to keep the jail time to a minimum. I worked with Gerrie Nel for a long time so yeah jail time it is gonna be.

I have had the privilege of training with the Seals and working alongside them in Africa. I will leave it at that.

the devil is in the detail........ i know a guy like yourself, he did a lot of high profile armed escourting in and out of Iraq - you okes a tough bastards - big respect to you......

Edited by ValeYellow

Where are you coming from?

Firstly you do not know my background regarding law. Secondly I am not a member of SAPS.

Might merely commented on someone posting a reply on this thread that even if the rider had a gun he would not have been able to do anything. I disagreed and explained why. What the rider did was the only thing he could have done. And I am glad he was not hurt in anyway.

We all have our own opinions on what to do and what not to do. No one is right or wrong.

I know you are not a member of the police. You told us what you do and who you do it for before. My reference to Marikana is for purposes of example, not to suggest that you work for the SAPS. As I recall you believed the SAPS members were intimidated by your SS credentials.

I agree that we all have our opinions on what to do and what not to do, but I differ in that I believe that society always judges what is right and wrong.

Edited by Blackbeard

and with the "luck" we have....you will never be attacked on your MTB...but rather some unsuspection/ unprepared little oke...

I can't tell the anger that builds up inside me watching the video, feels like rip the okes eyes out shove it backwards into his head.

On a weekly basis a see in hospitals the effect as well as after effect of robberies when these scum do shoot.

Arresting them does nothing, if they get caught they should be beaten in a public square or something. Nothing stops them from doing it again.

If they have been caught and are in custody maybe they can be handed over to the MTB community for a few hours. There are some people who would like to talk to them and educate them as to the ill effects of being rude by pointing a gun in someones face and helping themselves to whats rightfully not theirs. I for one would like to teach him the err of his ways.

Glad Malcolm is ok, been there experienced that and not pleasant at all.

Jacker to Malcolm: Gimme your bike and cell

Malcolm to jacker: Sure, here take them

Jacker to Malcolm: What's that thing on your head?

Malcolm to Jacker: It's a condom, you dumbass

Jacker to Malcolm: Is it worth anything?

Malcolm to jacker: yeah, about 5-10 years of free board and lodging

Well I think that f... needed a beating . dont you guys think that this has to stop !!! we keep getting mugd an knock . we look at a week before agust when fallow brother on the bike took action . what if that guy had been shot . stand up an lets stop this guys we spend alot of money for another person to just

take it off us .

Well I think that f... needed a beating . dont you guys think that this has to stop !!! we keep getting mugd an knock . we look at a week before agust when fallow brother on the bike took action . what if that guy had been shot . stand up an lets stop this guys we spend alot of money for another person to just

take it off us .

take it off us .

sorry, what?

That tells me everything I need to know about you and the work you do. Much respect for it.

Would like to know whether there's a self defense option other than handing over the items and the actions you said you would've taken in this instance? Or would those be the only options?