Who else is sick at the moment?

Entry for 3 day stage race with loads of climbing and fast cold descents (Road): check

Accomodation for the family for the long weekend fully paid: check

Work arranged to leave early: check

Fittrack score around 70 for a month in preperation: check

Friggin sore throat and coughing starting 3 days before: OF COURSE!!!!!

Faaaarck!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started coming down with Flu on Friday. Slept most of the weekend sweating on the sofa. On Antibionics now. Feels all the worse cos its been so damn cold since Friday :-(

Hey Bonus. Get out there and suck in some dust. That will sort you out!

Entry for 3 day stage race with loads of climbing and fast cold descents (Road): check

Accomodation for the family for the long weekend fully paid: check

Work arranged to leave early: check

Fittrack score around 70 for a month in preperation: check

Friggin sore throat and coughing starting 3 days before: OF COURSE!!!!!

Faaaarck!

Only one thing works for that sore throat (irritating post-nasal drip also).....a constant dose of OBS....gargle a minute or two......swallow. If symptoms persist, repeat as needed.

(Scout's honour it works)

What do you do when you have entered for a race like Van Gaalens half marathon and get sick like me with flue now. Doctor said it is a no-go. I am new to cycling and do not see what terms and conditions are for sickness. Would have loved to do it. Any comments?

Touch wood the cold has not gotten me yet, had a slight head cold.

I do have slightly bigger problem, I had to get a femoral hernia repair last year and I picked up a sports hernia in the groin this past weekend, I believe it can heal with rest.

Problem is I have no rest till the end of the month, I have been training furiously for the past five months and only missed 3 classes at the dojo, I will have to hold thumbs this heals .

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Only one thing works for that sore throat (irritating post-nasal drip also).....a constant dose of OBS....gargle a minute or two......swallow. If symptoms persist, repeat as needed.

(Scout's honour it works)

And how many swallows do you get before you fall over?

Guest EdEdEd

Got tummy problems sinc last night. No food and no sleep for over 24h. Lets hope its left ne now

Got tummy problems sinc last night. No food and no sleep for over 24h. Lets hope its left ne now

...again...OBS, OBS, and another OBS......kills off the germs......and if it does not have the desired effect, atleast you will have a good night's rest.....

(Scout's honour)

Edit: Port or MaDonnaVirPa wyntjie wil also do......;-)

Edited by BarHugger

Hey Bonus. Get out there and suck in some dust. That will sort you out!

You can't imagine how frustrated I am Pusher!

Going to check out a couple of shops tomorrow while I'm off work . . . .

What do you do when you have entered for a race like Van Gaalens half marathon and get sick like me with flue now. Doctor said it is a no-go. I am new to cycling and do not see what terms and conditions are for sickness. Would have loved to do it. Any comments?

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that one of the chaps that died doing the Midmar swim last year was just getting over flu and had been warned against it.

:-(

After reading these posts, feeling normal... Sinisits and now bronchial pneumonia.. Down and out for 3 weeks so far. Hopefully Monday I can get back on the bike.

Is it me or does recovery seem to take longer? In the past flu was a one maybe two day event, now it seems longer.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that one of the chaps that died doing the Midmar swim last year was just getting over flu and had been warned against it.

:-(

Nah, me think I will pass this one. Too many young blokes also did not make it after doing sport after flue. Will give cycling a rest for at least two weeks to be safe although I love my mtbing at the plots in the afternoon after work. Just need to get fit again.

I took the "flu jab" in April and take Moducare every day. Touch wood, nothing yet, which isn't bad for a type 1 diabetic. But this can't explain why I haven't been on the bike since Sani. :blush:

Cut out all carbs, have Vit injections ....... You won't get sick. I used to get sick 3-4 times a year. Now I haven't been sick in 2 years. And I've lost 8 kgs, feeling good on bike and recovery time shorter after longer rides