Die Burger MTB 2014

Rydogg

Question on results.

A friend and I just did the 30km as a fun ride but our results are not showing. Does anyone know if there was maybe a checkpoint (we may have missed) on the fun rides besides the start and finish?

Edited by Adelecan

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will definitely be there. He came 6th in the last Spur race, and he races for his school, so participation is compulsory. :thumbup:

I'll see you there! Will most likely be involved somewhere on the course...

We got a bit of a mud issue that needs serious attention BEFORE Saturday...

I'll see you there! Will most likely be involved somewhere on the course...

We got a bit of a mud issue that needs serious attention BEFORE Saturday...

Yes, and tomorrow it is going to be bucketing down, making that lower section into a swamp. Good luck.

What a fun race! Did the 42 and lost a valve just before the 22km mark - a good samaritan - Bertus (riding a Scott FS 26 - didnt get his surname) spotted me a tube, and I could finish the race. Good peoples MTB'ers.

Nearly died on saturday... I've never ridden a 60km ride as bad as this one and during the ride kept telling myself it's because of all the hills - it's not me. Wha Ha Ha! What a joke! My fitness levels are a disgrace to me!

The winner of the 60km route took only 2:43 - that's a flippen great time in my opinion I'll just have to start doing some hills this week.. Hope everyone had a good recovery day yesterday!

Nearly died on saturday... I've never ridden a 60km ride as bad as this one and during the ride kept telling myself it's because of all the hills - it's not me. Wha Ha Ha! What a joke! My fitness levels are a disgrace to me!

The winner of the 60km route took only 2:43 - that's a flippen great time in my opinion I'll just have to start doing some hills this week.. Hope everyone had a good recovery day yesterday!

Ja, the day was spent washing bike and kit. Muck, grime and crap everywhere. Everything was "graunchy" had to do a complete relube of everything to make it sound remotely the way it did before the race. Back wheel must go in today to repair a broken spoke.

BUT IT STILL WAS A BLAST OF A 60KM!!!! That singletrack (when you get could to ride it :whistling: ) was sublime. Only a few rocky/rutted sections, the rest...... :clap: :clap:

What a fun race! Did the 42 and lost a valve just before the 22km mark - a good samaritan - Bertus (riding a Scott FS 26 - didnt get his surname) spotted me a tube, and I could finish the race. Good peoples MTB'ers.

Ek will ook dankie se an nog iemand wat my gehelp het. N Hero die ou, wens net ek kan hom op gesppor het baie die race, maar ek sal hom opspoor hier of op Dirtopia se FB blad.

Het n #$%$%$#^% van n kramp gekry op 33/34km merk agter in die kop. kon nie eers uit clip nie, so erg was dit. Hier stop die ou en vrae of ek RENNIES op my het en hy gee toe vir my 2 Rennies. Het vir 5min gestaan en gespike op Gu en energy bar en die rennies en die kramp uit gedruk.

Daai Rennies het gewerk ek se, moes die laaste kop uit stoot want ek was bang ek skeer die spier, en toe is dit all the way down hill to the end.

Thanks!! Dis goed om te weet daar is ryers wat uit kyk vir ander. Hoop ek ry jou raak weer.

According website, the route profile of the 60km were suppose to be 1930m of climbing. My Garmin only measured 1431 climbing and 64km far. Did anybody else have a discrepancy?

My Strava shows 1868m of climb and 63.3km. Was lekka tough considering I road with the flu. Eish, just had to do my first 60km Burger. Awesome route, well done Amarider. Edited by Smurfy

More than 10 minute difference (slower) between the "official" results and what my Garmin gives me. :unsure:

I think this may have something to do with tagging yourself when you enter the starting shute. If I understand it correctly, it starts timing you from that moment. Your started your Garmin when you started riding, right?

This tag system sucks. :thumbdown:

Last time I did the burger 60, I did it in 3:26, this time they seeded me in E, go figure

same

I think this may have something to do with tagging yourself when you enter the starting shute. If I understand it correctly, it starts timing you from that moment. Your started your Garmin when you started riding, right?

Absolutely agree.

Nope, those are 60km riders that took the 42km turn off. The winning time was 2:54.

I think this may have something to do with tagging yourself when you enter the starting shute. If I understand it correctly, it starts timing you from that moment. Your started your Garmin when you started riding, right? :thumbup:

Quite possibly.

It does suck, though.

ummm no... they tag you when you enter the chute to make sure you're in the right start group.

They only start the time from when your group ACTUALLY starts