Die Burger MTB 2014

Rydogg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the 60 km route CP about halfway .

This would mean that there was a CP for the 42km which I did not see so I either breezed past or it was after the split for the longer distances.

Having said that if you did not tag the CP surely it could not have gained much more than a minute or at the absolute max 2.

This would mean that there was a CP for the 42km which I did not see so I either breezed past or it was after the split for the longer distances.

Having said that if you did not tag the CP surely it could not have gained much more than a minute or at the absolute max 2.

After the split for thr 42km.

This was my first MTB race (the 50km) after only having my bike for 2 months, and I learnt a few things on Saturday: 50km is a lot farther than I thought - there is no shame in pushing up some of the hills (I only pushed up twice) - when your legs are like jelly, remember to unclip both pedals to avoid falling over at a waterpoint - when the marshals say this is the last climb, they are f*&$ing lying - when the marshal says there is only 10km left, they are f@$#ing lying - I have to train a lot more before my next race.

But most of all I learnt that I love my bike and I love riding. I really enjoyed the event and look forward to a lot more.

So sorry & so sorry again!! :whistling: :whistling:

sallie weer nie...promise

Glad you at least enjoyed the ride...no get training so that you don't have to walk up those 2 x hills...

So sorry & so sorry again!! :whistling: :whistling:

sallie weer nie...promise

Glad you at least enjoyed the ride...no get training so that you don't have to walk up those 2 x hills...

Thanks Cassie. Overall, the marshals were great and motivated us along. I'm sure if they said there were still 10 more long climbs and 25km to go, some riders might have pulled out.

where you the guy riding the white mongoose?

Hi Matts 300

Not a mongoose but a White "On One"

5000 riders for the day at an average of R250 pp = R1,25mil for the day!! Good business to be in...

Only the 75km was R250.

But with the mud, a cycling shop is a good business to be in...

SSSSSSSSSSSSsooooooooo bly die tye word nie gebruik vir so iets soos RACETEC nie, dan sal goed lekker demekaar gewees het en mense op volgende race agter weg gespring het.

i didnt do 2013, but it was about 75% the same as 2012

The route had slight changes in it, more single tracks and bmx stuff at koelenhof, but with Meaurant you can always expect suprises.