@bicycleasshole and @wattagenitro

fandacious

and how do you know what my intentions were? Perhaps I was genuinely curious

Based on previous exchanges on HubSA and your overall approach over time, it is fair to say you were stirring or aiming to shake the hornet's nest.

Just own it, man.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Zeitgeist

Defamation

The taking from one’s reputation. The offense of injuring a person’s character, fame, or reputation by false and malicious statements. The term seems to be comprehensive of both libel and slander.

Even if you have no faith in the testing system (and here we do agree somewhat) tweeting inferred crap just isn't right.

I agree with sometime's response - get involved in official channels if you want to make a difference. Being a tweetbaiter makes zero difference - even if you see yourself as a self appointed Deborah Patter.

I'd tap her (and pat her - waaa hahahahah)

I enjoy the twitter spats, it's sometimes much better then the HUB! Few years back we wouldn't even have known about it.

post-4329-0-70417900-1404228451_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-84912400-1404228627_thumb.jpg

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/169/6ca3f9620c104a7e8e64b4738953ff24.jpg

If someone twatted that about me I wouldn't subcontract the heavies - a personal visit is in order for that kind of malice.

ja, a good old face to face without the keyboard.

I made a vague mention of inconsistent performances since a team mate was busted for doping. I received phone calls from brandon stewart and kevin evans trying to explain their situation. Then this morning there was some threat from brandon els on twitter to me.

Fandacious, sorry if I'm ignorant about your pedigree but how did kevin evans, brandon etc get hold of your phone number? Have you had previous dealings with them?

My thinking is that if this was just some random tweet from a "nobody" it probably would have been ignored but it seems you know them which makes your tweet a bit more interesting...

I am battling to understand why people are getting so worked up about other people's opinions.

But with twitter its a bit tricky, don't you think? Its not just a publication, its also a means of communicating. You can use it to follow celebrities but also to contact them. So you could use twitter to obtain comment, clarification eg from a celebrity. Just because they do not like the question, doesn't mean you should not be able to ask it.

I think we should be able to ask our pros the difficult questions and poke fun at them.

I don't find Twitter tricky at all. It's a valuable tool in my line of work, and a social network than can connect you with some like- and not-so-like-minded people. I have found, to my initial surprise, that a lot of stars, celebs, pros, twelebs, etc to be engaging on that platform. Especially if you engage in a decent way. No trolling, no baiting; just simple questions or comments. Posting on social media is like that Newton's Law thingie about action and opposite by equal reaction.

I don't find Twitter tricky at all. It's a valuable tool in my line of work, and a social network than can connect you with some like- and not-so-like-minded people. I have found, to my initial surprise, that a lot of stars, celebs, pros, twelebs, etc to be engaging on that platform. Especially if you engage in a decent way. No trolling, no baiting; just simple questions or comments. Posting on social media is like that Newton's Law thingie about action and equal reaction.

Not you personally, people in general. If one doesn't go about it the right way (and the right way is always open to interpretation) an attempt "to make reasonable effort to obtain comment, clarification, etc" could be construed as publication because twitter is both a platform and communication.

ja, a good old face to face without the keyboard.

I'll bring my keyboard wif to moer you wif...!!! Ask anybody...

Mmmmmmmm…Emma… :wub:

post-1604-0-19615700-1404276381_thumb.jpeg

Eish, getting a hiding in court from a pretty girl like that, almost makes me want to defame some wannabe pro's...

Archived