@bicycleasshole and @wattagenitro

fandacious

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

360 Life was a 3 man team. Not 2 so once again get your facts straight.

But unlike Kevin the 3rd one is doing quite well...

It's like a 6 of the best in the principals office.

He has been very verbal on twitter for a long time now, and I think the stage of "gatvol" has been reached by others.

Lol!

So what is the point of the case then? It is not like you can get a criminal charge for defemation? Except if it results in the loss of business then you can probably claim losses regarding that?

It's about a man's pride & self-respect & dignity. You should know there is no price to any of them.

I see at least one person who got involved in the Twitter melee has withdrawn his tweet after receiving a letter from Sadlier.

As far as I'm aware in our country no one has been summoned regarding a social media case in defamation. They talk a lot on the radio on on the tv about being careful. Does anyone know of a case that actually went anywhere?

As far as I'm aware in our country no one has been summoned regarding a social media case in defamation. They talk a lot on the radio on on the tv about being careful. Does anyone know of a case that actually went anywhere?

Depends what you define as social media. I was involved in a case where someone was seeking damages over readers' comments on a news website.

360 Life was a 3 man team. Not 2 so once again get your facts straight.

One man was under 23 xco racer and the other two were elite stage racers that raced many many stage races together. You do the maths.

Guest EdEdEd

As in most 'legal' cases threatening letters have most people retracting, apologising and crawling back into their holes

Tell that to my tenants that owe my R21 000 in rent and R5000 in damages... :eek:

Well I guess we know who the bicycle asshole is now. Jules wouldn't have been my guess!

There have been a few arising from facebook

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/sa-man-wins-facebook-slander-case-1.1463004#.U7PAPdoaySN

http://www.bandwidthblog.com/2013/09/05/defamatory-facebook-status-in-pta-high-court/

Thing is even if you delete your account, legal route can still force the company (twitter/facebook) to divulge your info to trace you. There is no anonymity online.