• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Gladiator_ver1.jpg

Incredible movie, one of my favourites

BUT my all time favourite is "in the name of the father'

No never read the books either, I missed one or two of the series on the movies, but by the power of DSTV and the untold reruns I have since watched them all. They were okay I concur, the first one I did think was really good, but as they progressed they became rather predictable, still worth a mention here I think.

more importantly...they also gave us Emma Watson :whistling:

who is not a bad actor actress at all....Perks of being a Wallflower was actually an excellent watch (and apparently very well translated from the book)

I think it deserves a mention on here

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WDulOBGzNJA/USKI3WaHtfI/AAAAAAAABUU/lRosX6KuSBA/s400/hr_The_Perks_of_Being_a_Wallflower_8-506.jpg

Edited by Stretch

I really do wish they would make the movie 'the vampire lestat' interview with a vampire really didn't do Anne rice justice and it's really only the intro to the story of Lestat.. but pls never use Tom Cruise as Lestat again.. maybe the guy from Vikings would be better.

Edited by Gen

Yip and let's face it the book is more of a children's book than Lord of the Rings.

I also didn't think the movies were great..

Haven't read The Hobbit so maybe I'm not qualified to comment. But I thought the simpler story is more suited to a movie even if the director had to make things up to fill out the story as opposed to the LOTR books which frankly had way too much going to put in 3 movies and ended up an confusing disjointed mix for anyone who didn't read the books.

So I actually enjoy the Hobbit movies much more than the original LOTR movies.

Big thumbs down here, I disliked this movie intensely, apart from the visual attraction of Uma Thurman, I thought it had little going for it, unnecessarily violent and relied more on shock content that story line.

Where's the dislike button! Apart from your Uma Thurman comment I disagree with everything you said!

Hehe, the first time I ever saw a naked booby... lol

There where naked boobies? How did I miss that?? I do remember Salma Hayek though :wub:

Where's the dislike button! Apart from your Uma Thurman comment I disagree with everything you said!

pulp fiction and inglourious basterds are hysterically funny. I enjoy the work of both QT and Robert Rodriquez. Edited by Blackbeard

pulp fiction and inglourious basterds are hysterically funny. I enjoy the work of both QT and Robert Rodriquez.

I think Quetin best was Kill Bill Vol 1, although recently enjoyed Django Unchained , its all about the dialogue and spaghetti action, although I do have some qualms about the trivialisation of violence in his films even if so often its totally over the top.

http://dionwynhughes.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/kill-bill-vol-1-uma-thurman-263939_1400_910.jpg

That movie had some great dark and straight comedic moments

Yes! was a clever funny "B-movie" that didn't take itself too seriously. Also enjoyed Kill Bill and Django Unchained (at least until Dr Schultz inexplicably turned into a wuzz near the end)

Somehow managed to miss Inglourious Bastards - must make a plan...

I think Quetin best was Kill Bill Vol 1,

agreed....although 1 needs to be accompanied by 2

I think inglorious bastards is given more credit than it deserves

p.s. i see that from dusk till dawn will be a tv series this year...interesting

I think Quetin best was Kill Bill Vol 1, although recently enjoyed Django Unchained , its all about the dialogue and spaghetti action, although I do have some qualms about the trivialisation of violence in his films even if so often its totally over the top.

http://dionwynhughes.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/kill-bill-vol-1-uma-thurman-263939_1400_910.jpg

I find it is the very fact that violence is so over the top that makes it emotionally neutral. One cannot take it seriously. The manga/anime like portrayal of the fight scenes and the absurd volumes of blood have to be viewed within the context of the genre. The aftermath of the sword fight is like a Jackson Pollock or Hieronymus Bosch.

Yes! was a clever funny "B-movie" that didn't take itself too seriously. Also enjoyed Kill Bill and Django Unchained (at least until Dr Schultz inexplicably turned into a wuzz near the end)

Somehow managed to miss Inglourious Bastards - must make a plan...

You should see it if only for the performance of Christoph Waltz. Brad Pitt is hysterical.