• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Some great classics are often overlooked in favour of bigger more memorable titles.

But this was superb to watch again. Leon, The Professional and in some places the movie even goes by the name Matilda.

Jean Reno is probably one of the most underrated actors imo.

Natalie Portman makes her acting debut as teenage Matilda.

and nobody quite does this particular blend of deranged villains quite like Gary Oldman

https://youtu.be/74BzSTQCl_c

loved that even though the relationship between Leon an Matilda seemed a bit, shall we say dodgy...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

advanced alien life form with heat detection abilities can't detect a 6 foot 200 pound human from 2 meters away, but a mouse - no problem

sounds plausible...

Sigh. It was the mud and it's heat shielding capacities.

Lol.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Now you need to watch Flags of our Fathers.

The 2 movies are companion movies one from the Japanese point of view and one from the American.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks again for that Gen, was worth the watch

One of the better movies of late is not really a movie. Look up The Wolf.

A curious mix of reality now and TV fiction of recent times. Short, but sharp.

to be very honest, my first reaction was: holycrap, are we in that dystopia already?!

and the funny thing is, its not the dystopia where the world is grubby and the sky perpetually dark, but rahter that dystopia of where the world operates on a veneer of happiness and health underpinned by tech heavy convenience. But if you scratch just a little bit, the stench of reality hits you like a nose full offcloudy ammonia.

The Wolf, and The Circle, both of which I happen to watch on the same day, simply reinforced that sentiment. The latter movie though, had an interesting enough premise, but the execution was rushed and the ending as abrupt as it was open ended. Reminded me of the S03E01 of Black Mirror. Could very well have been a contemporary version of Eagle Eye, or Enemy of the State. Love the thinly veiled reference to Apple and its new UFO. The Circle also curiously missed out on the hottest sphere in tech at the moment: AI/deep learning. But i guess skimming the surface of the tech involved helps, IMO, that sentiment that we are currently in a dystopia, but blinded by the pretty surface finish.

Thanks again for that Gen, was worth the watch

Slight off topic.. but if you enjoyed that you will probably enjoy the series The Pacific, .. the harsh reality of war and how it effects those involved.

When your crime boss dad tells you that you screwed up badly

https://youtu.be/soAofAWEpGU

Last weekend I binged through some movies at home to help me get over a bout of flu.

I watched both John Wicks back to back. The plot, characters and acting are about as deep as a kiddy pool. But man did it make up for that. The pace is almost exhausting and the gruesome fight scenes are surprisingly well directed with some refreshing cinematography. Bordering on over the top violence but not quite spilling over into Tarantino territory. I loved it. 

Last weekend I binged through some movies at home to help me get over a bout of flu.

I watched both John Wicks back to back. The plot, characters and acting are about as deep as a kiddy pool. But man did it make up for that. The pace is almost exhausting and the gruesome fight scenes are surprisingly well directed with some refreshing cinematography. Bordering on over the top violence but not quite spilling over into Tarantino territory. I loved it. 

I had high expectations for JW2, but something was missing for me in the latest installment. First one was insanely good. This one.. i dunno. maybe just too many guys running forehead first into the nearest bullet.

I had high expectations for JW2, but something was missing for me in the latest installment. First one was insanely good. This one.. i dunno. maybe just too many guys running forehead first into the nearest bullet.

Agreed. Felt like a stepping stone. A movie put together for the sole purpose of segwaying into the 3rd instalment.

Either way. Fark me. I would not want to mess with Keanu Reaves.

True. But I didn't mind at all. I loved the second installment. I was on some 18% cough syrup and antibiotics so the less thinking I had to do the better. If an Australian in a loincloth showed up asking if I was entertained I would not have been surprised and would probably have responded positively. Yes!

I think the sequels direction had more to do with David Litch leaving the second installment to go and direct Deadpool 2. Leaving his stuntman buddy to direct the movie. 

Slight off topic.. but if you enjoyed that you will probably enjoy the series The Pacific, .. the harsh reality of war and how it effects those involved.

Way too much swearing for my taste, but thanks anyway! I'm a bit clueless when it comes to movies, so appreciate all the help I can get...

Agreed. Felt like a stepping stone. A movie put together for the sole purpose of segwaying into the 3rd instalment.

Either way. Fark me. I would not want to mess with Keanu Reaves.

'nuff said! 

post-11356-0-19861400-1499856563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Imploder

If you have 39:16 in time to waste, this Tour du Pharmacy is actually so stupid it's funny... #mokumentry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You hit the nail on the head with that description.