• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Yeah, normally I try to disassociate myself from the book / movie if I've experienced the original. Otherwise, it's disastrous. Only one I haven't really felt like that with is the LOTR series, but even then there was some directive license taken with the movies that just would have been so much better if the book had been followed. Worst without a doubt was the "Seeker" series of books. Damg, that TV adaptation was feckin terrible. 

There have been a few book adaptations that weren't all that terrible.Normally I don't follow one so quickly with the other, but friends had highly recommended the movie, so I wondered how bad it could be, especially with the author being involved in the screenplay. Apparently I underestimated what even a director such as Spielberg can **** up.

Good that you watched the movie first... but seriously, read the book. I absolutely loved the '80s references and nostalgia that the book brought out so much better than the movie ever could.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched The boy in the striped pajamas with my boys this past weekend, what a movie!

Ones of those movies that annoys me because if the accent. Either speak German with subtitles... Or speak English in an English accent... But don't speak English in a German accent... That's just stupid

Gotta wait a few weeks before getting to an empty-ish IMAX cinema

Crazy schedule

Urghhhh

Chris Stuckman is brilliant

He did say "tears welled up...." at some point during Endgame.

And he's a pretty stoic oke

So, sounds like there's quite a bit of character development in the movie too.

Watched Highwaymen the other day.

Never been a huge Costner fan (because the bodyguard - that I never saw, but the hype and that dumb-ass song killed it)

But am a Harrelson fan.

Very enjoyable movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860242/

One of the few films that I watched without falling asleep (and that is amazing because I sleep through most movies these days

https://youtu.be/niiS0uBs9ec

I admit it... I'm a 007 fan.

Rami Malek will star as the villain in Bond 25.

The 37-year-old actor has been confirmed to be joining the cast of the upcoming 25th instalment of the popular spy franchise, and has let slip he will be "making sure Mr. Bond does not have an easy ride" as he confirmed he would be taking on the role of the movie's mysterious villain.

In a video aired during the Bond 25 Live Reveal - which was hosted on social media on Thursday - Rami said: "Hi everyone, this is Rami Malek and I'm not jealous one bit that you're all in the absolutely stunning setting of Ian Fleming's iconic Caribbean home Goldeneye, on the island of Jamaica. No, not at all. I'm stuck here in New York in production, but I am very much looking forward to joining the whole cast and crew so very soon. I promise you all I will be making sure Mr. Bond does not have an easy ride of it in this, his 25th outing. I can't wait to see you all soon. 
Edited by Frosty

https://youtu.be/niiS0uBs9ec

I admit it... I'm a 007 fan.

Realised recently I have watched every single 007 movie since Goldeneye in the cinemas. But tbh the last few has been disappointing for me. Will wait for the reviews and then decide

Avengers Endgame hype is real. 

Wanted to buy tickets at one of the multiple showing's at the local cinema tonight. Sold out. Wanted to buy for Sat night's multiple showings. Sold out. 

Was able to bag a couple of tickets for tomorrow afternoon at 16h00. 

MY BODY IS READY!

giphy.gif

Avengers Endgame hype is real.

Wanted to buy tickets at one of the multiple showing's at the local cinema tonight. Sold out. Wanted to buy for Sat night's multiple showings. Sold out.

Was able to bag a couple of tickets for tomorrow afternoon at 16h00.

MY BODY IS READY!

giphy.gif

Yeah this is the first one we wont watch on opening night... we will go tomorrow afternoon when the town folks are occupied with school sport or whatever... so my date with my boys moves to tomorrow.

Avengers Endgame is great fun (for those of us whose souls have not not beaten and battered into maturity). My namesake and I are starting to resemble each other more and more.

Yeah it was fun.. a little long ..yoh my bladder only just made it.

Couple of plot holes in the story.. suppose they had to tie everything up as best they could. A few things that I went nah okes..that can't actually happen.

Shame there was one little kid that did not like what happened and said very loud "ek gaan nou huis toe"

Next Guardians is going to be great fun

Trailer to Dark Phoenix looks really good..def going to be watching that.

Edited by Gen