Sani2c 2015

Gringo

In other news and in now way connected to the race, but has anyone noticed how dilapidated Scottburgh is starting to look? I found it quite sad to be honest.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news and in now way connected to the race, but has anyone noticed how dilapidated Scottburgh is starting to look? I found it quite sad to be honest.

Our hotel was much upgraded ! They have pumped alot of money in. New look, new menu, new bar area. First time ever that we did not have to leave the hotel to go eat out for supper.

Which one did you stay in?

Our hotel was much upgraded ! They have pumped alot of money in. New look, new menu, new bar area. First time ever that we did not have to leave the hotel to go eat out for supper.

That building where the Wimpy used to be is quite sad :(

we did the race, we were "midpackers." We didnt wait once. Free run at the umko is awesome stuff. 

My clothes fit fine, the stuff they gave us was still pretty good. You could also collect as much usn stuff as you wanted during the race, bottles, enduro, gu's

i thouroughly enjoyed the cycling...and will be back

Sani2c Adventure renamed “Super Group2C”......

Many Super Groupians (not to be confused with Sufferlandrians) caused outrage and havoc at the 2015 Sani2C Adventure with their lack of fitness and technical prowess.......

Despite MC Max Cluer instructing the rest of the field to drop to later batches if they were unsure of their abilities, this was clearly not an option for the 80-plus riders on day two, which started with the fast, flowing Umkomaas Descent.........

To ensure excellent corporate photographs for the Super Group boardroom, the bunch of red devils started together in D Batch for day two regardless of their time from the previous day. This also ensured the safety of the rest of the field as they had no opportunity to go full gas down the valley......

Agree 100%, the decent into the Umko valley was a complete stuff up. We had to stop four times waiting for the red ants to get off their bikes and walk over the little streams or go around the switchbacks! We could only ride free flowing single track for the final 2km before the river!! b :thumbdown:

:thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  

Agree 100%, the decent into the Umko valley was a complete stuff up. We had to stop four times waiting for the red ants to get off their bikes and walk over the little streams or go around the switchbacks! We could only ride free flowing single track for the final 2km before the river!! b :thumbdown:

just looked at my stats for last year - we had no traffic at all from batch E or F in the race...there is a strava segment called start to WP1 and we did it in 1:48 at 22km/hr..and that's with waiting about 5 mins for my partner on his 29er  :whistling: ...be interesting to compare 

I always take the right fork too!

Which one did you stay in?

Must be the Blue Marlin? was the first thing i noticed when drove into Scottsburgh... really sad about the Wimpy, they were there for 37 years till politics stepped in

we did the race, we were "midpackers." We didnt wait once. Free run at the umko is awesome stuff. 

My clothes fit fine, the stuff they gave us was still pretty good. You could also collect as much usn stuff as you wanted during the race, bottles, enduro, gu's

i thouroughly enjoyed the cycling...and will be back

"Midpacker"?? Hahaha......finished top 20%. Don't let DIPS get you down.  :ph34r:

I agree Mike, it was awesome. Only 2 gripes, finish is chaotic having to unpack box and pack bag/bike on pavement and more importantly NO BEER!!!! Sort it out. 

Hi Guys.

We did the race as Sani virgins. We were bottom of the log guys. Had an excellent time out there!

I lost a Garmin eTrex 30 on the last day within the first 10 km. We were part of Batch N, so not a lot of chance of someone spotting it...  :oops:  If found, please contact me. I borrowed it from a buddy and is is serious debt now. :blush:

1st timers take on the 2015 Sani2c Trail-

Rave:

1) Riding - as expected, unbelievable riding terrain (Especially day 2)

2) Food - you are always well fed with plenty food and supplements available. The water stops were also great.

3) Tents - found the tents pretty specious and was comfortable camping for the 2 days (minus the snoring bastard next to me).

4) Jolivet - think this should be the benchmark for all the race villages. Think this is Farmer Glens long term goal - make more permanent race villages. A lot more comfortable.

Rant:

1) Ablutions - yes I know you have to rough it but the showers at Mackenzie on day 1 were ***. Jolivet was great.

2) Box Pickup - the box pickup and collection of the cars at the finish was a balls up, this could of been handled better. Almost detracted from the experience of finishing at the coast and relaxing.

3) Climb after Nando's - that sucked!

Edited by Gringo

100%.  Was also stuck behind the Red Ants.  For day 1 and 3 I could handle them all starting in D batch but for Day 2 you need to seed based on time.  It also could not be fun for them because I heard a few comments passed when we finally got past them. 

4) Jolivet - think this should be the benchmark for all the race villages. Think this is Farmer Glens long term goal - make more permanent race villages. A lot more comfortable.

Am I the only female who found the Jolivet showers appalling? Or was there other lady-showers that I didn't know about? (Joberg2C, not Sani2C)

What was the Jollivet Sani2C female shower arrangements on Sani2C?

Am I the only female who found the Jolivet showers appalling? Or was there other lady-showers that I didn't know about? (Joberg2C, not Sani2C)

I think everyone is in the big hall? correct? the idea is that you do you clothes removal in the shower...I seem to recall not knowing this and only seeing ladies around while I was manfully striding back to the middle to get dressed! but i was so spent I didnt give a toss

Ladies showers at both Jolivet and McKenzie were shocking. No water and no where dry to leave your clean clothes.