Sani2c 2015

Gringo

Sani2c Adventure renamed “Super Group2C”

In an announcement which came as no surprise to riders present at the 2015 Sani2c Adventure, the popular three-day mountain bike race has handed over naming rights to one of the logistics partners.

“We want to call the Adventure what it truly is, a corporate entertainment event for our customers, many of whom have had bicycles hanging in their garages for years but never had an opportunity to ride them,” said Super Group spokesman Rooi Gevaar.

Many Super Groupians (not to be confused with Sufferlandrians) caused outrage and havoc at the 2015 Sani2C Adventure with their lack of fitness and technical prowess.

Despite MC Max Cluer instructing the rest of the field to drop to later batches if they were unsure of their abilities, this was clearly not an option for the 80-plus riders on day two, which started with the fast, flowing Umkomaas Descent.

To ensure excellent corporate photographs for the Super Group boardroom, the bunch of red devils started together in D Batch for day two regardless of their time from the previous day. This also ensured the safety of the rest of the field as they had no opportunity to go full gas down the valley.

“It is unfortunate that despite being a leading transport logistics and mobility group, we are unable to help our riders with the technical aspects of the Sani2C, such as the Umkomaas Descent or the subsequent climb up Nando’s Hill,” Gevaar said. “However Super Group will be sponsoring a set of brake pads to all riders in the 2016 event so look out for that in the goody bags.”

Contrary to rumours that one has to be a retired and broke Protea’s cricketer with a paunch to be selected for the Super Group team, Gevaar said requirements were simple: “You just need to have a friend of a friend who works for us.”

Edited by CleatsnCleavage

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In an announcement which came as no surprise to riders present at the 2015 Sani2c Adventure, the popular three-day mountain bike race has handed over naming rights to one of the logistics partners.

“We want to call the Adventure what it truly is, a corporate entertainment event for our customers, many of whom have had bicycles hanging in their garages for years but never had an opportunity to ride them,” said Super Group spokesman Rooi Gevaar.

Many Super Groupians (not to be confused with Sufferlandrians) caused outrage and havoc at the 2015 Sani2C Adventure with their lack of fitness and technical prowess.

Despite MC Max Cluer instructing the rest of the field to drop to later batches if they were unsure of their abilities, this was clearly not an option for the 80-plus riders on day two, which started with the fast, flowing Umkomaas Descent.

To ensure excellent corporate photographs for the Super Group boardroom, the bunch of red devils started together in D Batch for day two regardless of their time from the previous day. This also ensured the safety of the rest of the field as they had no opportunity to go full gas down the valley.

“It is unfortunate that despite being a leading transport logistics and mobility group, we are unable to help our riders with the technical aspects of the Sani2C, such as the Umkomaas Descent or the subsequent climb up Nando’s Hill,” Gevaar said. “However Super Group will be sponsoring a set of brake pads to all riders in the 2016 event so look out for that in the goody bags.”

Contrary to rumours that one has to be a retired and broke Protea’s cricketer with a paunch to be selected for the Super Group team, Gevaar said requirements were simple: “You just need to have a friend of a friend who works for us.”

:D  :D  :D

Very true. I have done Tuli's with these guys (Max and Farmer Glen too). Great guys. Lotsa "spirit". Not necessarily active MTB'ers. Several DNF and 10h results on day 2. I think it was a "commercial decision" to start them there. BAD decision. BAD PR. I was lucky to start before them every day. I have to admit I was the limiter when we went down but we ended in the first 15% daily so did make reasonable time.

BTW: I asked several ladies on the ride whether they were Cleavage. I received some strange answers. I will have to rephrase that next time...

Was our first Sani. Enjoyed it thoroughly. My wife and I came in 8th overall in the mixed. Chuffed with that. Our GPS went haywire in the cane fields - I'm sure a lot of guys got lost in there. not technical at all but was surprised how many people can't ride switchbacks and single track - and this from riders in A and B. I guess the folks from the WC are generally better skilled due to our trails.

Seems to be true

I think it was a "commercial decision" to start them there. BAD decision. BAD PR.

That would have peed me off properly...last year I had the fortune of going down umko with not a soul in front of me the entire way down...I was millimeters from trees going through that fast section at the bottom I was flying so fast!! Edited by Stretch

Did the Adventure, was tough especially as was ill on the last day, but pulled through and finished !

Was always in the back half groups as do not do mtb races so had no seeding, so disappointed with the bottle neck at the bridges on day 1 and right at the end, especially the finish where the bridge went from 3 to 2 pontoons wide and was blowing in the wind which made for many falling off, even with guys trying to hold it from moving in the wind.... Just added to the bottle neck and frustration as you just wanted to finish....Waisted over 45mins there!!

Otherwise a well organized event

Edited by shaper

I must add. I have done the trail 3 times and this year was the first time I felt we were neglected. I understand Glen needs to be in three places at once, but to not have prize giving all of a sudden this year cos trail riders don't care about results is toss.

If anyone or knows someone that lost a pair of Rudy project sunglasses on day 3 of the adventure; please pm me so I can get them back to you.

Bad form putting the supergroup guys ahead of their finish batches.

We plebs gets warned that you can drop a batch down if you wish, but you cant move batches up.

Like I said, this ride has become a commercial vehicle, and unless you are there on a sponsor's ticket, you are increasingly losing out on the awesomeness that the sani was alswayss known for.

I must add. I have done the trail 3 times and this year was the first time I felt we were neglected. I understand Glen needs to be in three places at once, but to not have prize giving all of a sudden this year cos trail riders don't care about results is toss.

It was announced at the briefing that there would be no prize giving for the trail but there actually was prize giving on the final day. Both Farmer Glen and his wife Mandy were present to hand over the trophies.

Unfortunately none of the mens winning teams were there to receive their trophies as they were under the impression that there wasnt going to be anything.

My mate and his partner actually finished first and i collected the trophies on their behalf.

Not quite cricket is it ?

Bad form putting the supergroup guys ahead of their finish batches.

We plebs gets warned that you can drop a batch down if you wish, but you cant move batches up.

Like I said, this ride has become a commercial vehicle, and unless you are there on a sponsor's ticket, you are increasingly losing out on the awesomeness that the sani was alswayss known for.

It was announced at the briefing that there would be no prize giving for the trail but there actually was prize giving on the final day. Both Farmer Glen and his wife Mandy were present to hand over the trophies.

Unfortunately none of the mens winning teams were there to receive their trophies as they were under the impression that there wasnt going to be anything.

My mate and his partner actually finished first and i collected the trophies on their behalf.

You seem to have missed the point. Exactly why I will raise the point with them directly on Monday.