Sani2c 2015

Gringo

Any news on the guy that fell on the trail event today at 66km mark. He looked in really bad shape

Edited by Oxter

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Herd of a guy today getting it wrong coming down that steep grass field in the last few km's of day one and breaking both arms.

Speedy recovery to all.

So my first Sani done & dusted!

It lived up to everything it was hyped up to be!! I was here, firstly for the awesome trails and scenery (check!!)...and secondly, for the overall vibe & experience...(check!!).

The clothing...nothing wrong with that either! Not bad at all...

Race villages...improving all the time, if i get the word on the ground correct.

For me - to be able to provide this level of standard out in the sticks...once a year...is great!!

It took me plenty of years to get into Sani...It was everything it's hyped to be... and some more....hope to be back again!! Im sure the second time round is even better, now that I know what to expect.

Edited by Cassie

As a last word...I'd suggest to Farmer Glen to add an extra ride' starting the Monday...and call it the "Virgin ride"....for all those blokes on the waiting lists...first timers appreciate things so much more and do not come into this event with unrealistic expectations!

Everything logistically is basically set up for another event...just do it!!

OR is having such a long waiting list part of the lure (adding some exclusivity to the event)...

As a last word...I'd suggest to Farmer Glen to add an extra ride' starting the Monday...and call it the "Virgin ride"....for all those blokes on the waiting lists...first timers appreciate things so much more and do not come into this event with unrealistic expectations!

OR is having such a long waiting list part of the lure (adding some exclusivity to the event)...

logistically yes...but remember those poor famers/farmers wives/farmers children who are there day and night the entire week giving their time for nothing (barring a minuscule donation to a few schools that some of them don't even have ties to). They are already stretched with three events - so while good in theory, i dont thin it will ever be a reality

glad you had an awesome experience

There was a rumour floating around the camp at Joberg2C that this is being discussed for next year.

It makes sense if you see the money spent on Glencairn and Jolivet

nothing poor about the farmers

generalise much?

With family in the area I can tell you that get close to zero recognition for the work they put in...and i cant see them willingly wanting to have another day

generalise much?

With family in the area I can tell you that get close to zero recognition for the work they put in...and i cant see them willingly wanting to have another day

sorry, yes, I should have said nothing poor about certain famers.

Did my second Sani and it was awesome. The trails are incredible, the scenery is superb we really are privileged to be able to ride our bikes in areas like that .   Never take something like that for granted.   Yeah it was irritating to go down the umkomaas hard on the brakes as the average Sani rider have zero technical skills, but i just looked up and down the valley and thought wow how special is this moment.   

What an amazing event.  Im now back and work but im still on cloud 9.  Thanks Farmer Glen and your crew for a top class event and experience.

My first Sani, and I have to say what a well organised event it is.

Sure, the clothing looked better in previous years, but that's not why I entered.

I entered to experience the gees. I got it.

I entered to ride awesome trails. I got it.

My only gripe (and there is only one) was the finish.

Expecting okes to carry their boxes to the car which was (in our case) about 3km away, because we couldn't find closer parking, was a bit k@k.

But that aside... Would I do it again? Absolutely yes.

it's because you've done it too many times! 

step aside and let us plebs who always sit on the waiting list get a chance to ride  ;)

+ 1