Prep for 2015 Freedom Challenge / Race to Rhodes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm stuck in Slummies this am, whats going on chaps. Wheres the dirty one, whats happened wirh TFT. And where are the Andies 2, are they still together

The dirty one has just arrived at Cambria :eek: . He's going to have some stories to tell.  :w00t: (that's a leopard sanctuary he slept in!)

The Andrews left Gamkaskloof at 10. Should be on top of the ladder by now.

Guest notmyname

The dirty one has just arrived at Cambria :eek: . He's going to have some stories to tell. :w00t: (that's a leopard sanctuary he slept in!)

The Andrews left Gamkaskloof at 10. Should be on top of the ladder by now.

Good golly. #ballsofsteel

So sad to hear that Dirt Rider has pulled out at Cambria.  Pierre a gallant effort and you have many "fans" who where routing for you.  Its never about the destination only the journey and I am sure you have had a hell of a journey, we look forward to hearing your stories!  :clap:

on the racing front, looking at the tracker as it stands now - 

tim has possibly split from theo and fjord just before montagu, he's passed the town and theo is there, fjord still coming in.

tim would probably need to ride all the way in from here to be safely home in first. there's two sketchy passes after mcgregor - coenieskraal which is a shepherds path that goes under some powerlines and then sewefontein which goes up a rocky as hell path, also under the powerlines(been used quite a few times in the cape schmepic). he should be ok with these in the dark, but he must be way past his legal flying hours by now!

he could still attack the start of stettyns kloof in daylight tomorrow, if all went well. just for comparison, in 2012 martin dreyer left montagu at 9:40pm and got to diemers at 22:40 the next night  - but that was the record and he had Alex haring down on him the whole way.

Barnes has split from hunt sometime today. he's just about to get to anysberg. if he has designs on the win, then he needs to go through the night - since it could be the last one. 

So sad to hear that Dirt Rider has pulled out at Cambria.  Pierre a gallant effort and you have many "fans" who where routing for you.  Its never about the destination only the journey and I am sure you have had a hell of a journey, we look forward to hearing your stories!  :clap:

pity. he was hanging in well.

for some reason plenty of people have pulled out at willowmore, i think maybe he knew what was in store for him coming up(reverse transbaviaans!)

pity. he was hanging in well.

for some reason plenty of people have pulled out at willowmore, i think maybe he knew what was in store for him coming up(reverse transbaviaans!)

Dirt Rider had a bad fall over a day ago. Injured his knee and his back. His back injury is the reason for his withdrawal.

Inside info is that The Beards will return to ride again together.

So sorry to hear this. Great ride Dirty One!!!

Hey Pierre

Sorry that you have had to withdraw, I know the feeling. While you didn't finish the Freedom Challenge, you rode the Freedom Trail in the spirit in which it is meant to be ridden - that means a lot to the community which hold this event and the Trail in such regard. For now - get well, take a read of this thread and thanks for participating in the way you did.

All the best.

Dirt Rider had a bad fall over a day ago. Injured his knee and his back. His back injury is the reason for his withdrawal.

Inside info is that The Beards will return to ride again together.

well the maths minion lost his. just like the lure of the trail, it will grow back!

Great effort pierre, was great to see you perservere and take this trail by the sharp end and give it you all!

Archived