Stolen trek

Pikey

maybe we should put chips in our bikes... like you put in your pets, my horse has one... wonder whether you will be able to track it??? mmmmm, maybe business op....?

I actually saw a small tracker thing advertised once somewhere(cant remember where) that had a sim card and it replaced your head set cap. You could track it via an app. BUT.......you had to pay a monthly fee. I'm sure if it was a success most of the hubbers would have one.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was me that looked at the bike at JCW. And I must be honest when I saw this I immediately thought that the OP might think the same as I also know about instances where this happened. I called the OP to confirm that it was the same Trek that I looked at and test ride down the road that morning. I can also confirm that as I drove off he was busy loading the bicycle on his bike-rack. Wish him luck on recovery of the bike.

i still think its you :ph34r: :ph34r: kidding, just said its happened many times before

thats why i said

if i am wrong on this i say sorry, but it has been done before

I actually saw a small tracker thing advertised once somewhere(cant remember where) that had a sim card and it replaced your head set cap. You could track it via an app. BUT.......you had to pay a monthly fee. I'm sure if it was a success most of the hubbers would have one.

at this point a small monthly fee would be an absolute pleasure :-)

I like that top cap,then you can see the f----r that is riding your boney. Along with the tracker imagine the surprise as you pull along side him in the car with baseball bat in hand .... :-))

Louis your gent,thanks for the offer much appreciated . But as my wife has serious ducks disease she panics when bikes are to big for her,hence the sale of her 15.5 inch 29r. I will relay the message to her and thanks again .

Hmmmmm my wife just drove past the scene of the crime and the bead guys aren't there. They probably all out hitting the trails.

Ha ha lol sure they having a jol,that bike was a sweet ride. Hope they fall there p--- off.

Looking horribly like the bike is a gonner..... Sneaky gits, Have to believe karma plays her card .

Is there any other shops there that have cameras pointing in that general direction?

no i dropped off my daughter this morning and checked none that are visable, problem is we need to get to those bead guys even if they were not involved, for a reward they WILL know who to ask, they are the eyes and ears of that area they know exaclty whats going on, like my guys who work for me when we have issues they know who to go and ask the guys on our corner, those okes just sit and watch all day long

no i dropped off my daughter this morning and checked none that are visable, problem is we need to get to those bead guys even if they were not involved, for a reward they WILL know who to ask, they are the eyes and ears of that area they know exaclty whats going on, like my guys who work for me when we have issues they know who to go and ask the guys on our corner, those okes just sit and watch all day long

Yip, you'll be amazed how many people will quietly tattle-tale to teacher for a little sweetie!! ^_^

No monthly fee (as far as I remember) just the SIM card.. I'll post the website address later... EDIT .. I see it's already been done

Edited by RichieT

Let's hope so dipslick,we live in hope . As the saying goes money talks and bulls--t walks. Hopefully some is a rat . Would be like winning the lottery...

Heh guys just had a call from Kim at jcw,telling me he has been following the activity on the hub regarding my wife's trek. He says the guys who sell the beads etc have been removed for more than a year now. Apparently they were was a huge debacle about it. They returned and eventually were removed by the police. But haven't been there for a long time :-(

He also informed me that the police at least came and investigated our report of the stolen bike. Not gonna help,much but kudos to them for following up on the story.

He also now warns his customers about leaving there bikes on racks unattended, hopefully this will save someone or at best everyone from having the same experience.

Thanks Kim for the genuine concern ( this is my first time I've spent money at his shop) appreciate it.