Who remembers?

DPG

Could have been that, although I had Kung Fu master on Famicom. I think it was more of a karate game on my mates C64.

most old arcade games were on commodore . like ghost and goblins moon patrol etc .

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I vaguely remember telling my Mom that the starving children were welcome to my vegetables. After the wooden spoon it only happened that once.

We were always reminded of the poor starving children of China , as if Mother knew them personally. These days YOUR Mom will have a criminal record. Edited by Tromp

We were always reminded of the poor starving children of China , as if mother knew them personally

I never understood why our parents force fed us like that. This why we have obesity problems. Its actually child abuse.

............Duke Nukem ............

:D I completely forgot I was a gamer until I saw that name  :clap:

Edited by DJR

most old arcade games were on commodore . like ghost and goblins moon patrol etc .

According to Google, the C64 was released a year before the Famicom. I remember playing a few arcade classics on the Famicom. Whether those games were available on the C64 first or not, they made their way to a few home gaming systems, I assume.

Think we have posted this before. This was my first game that I can remember. 

maxresdefault.jpg

This was the first PC game I ever cracked. Had some kind of copy protection, can't recall the details anymore. :)

Was pretty chuffed with myself. :)

Bought at some electronics shop in Jhbg (sort of like Dion's, but was a man's name) in 1982. I wrote some simple programmes (I think in basic, but don't remember) for my kids to do their homework on, spelling and arithmetic.

Kids hated it!!!

They just enjoyed the games.

300px-Commodore-VIC-20-FL.jpg

and don't forget the tape drive

http://oldcomputers.net/pics/vic20-cass.jpg

Vic 20.

I never understood why our parents force fed us like that. This why we have obesity problems. Its actually child abuse.

The problem is they used to force feed proper food not the rubbish that I force fed now, and now today’s parents are force feeding because their parents did but convenience foods!

Edited by MphatiPyga

I think you may be thinking of RAVE Stores. Operated at the same time as Dion ( man's name you have at the back of your mind ? ) and in competition with Dion's...rumour at the time was that Dion's absorbed RAVE's. Went to the last day of operation of RAVE's in Braamfontein , and probably boughts a lot of useless gadgets. It was long before Dion's became Dion's Wire , and lost all of it's appeal in the process.

Edited by Tromp

Bought at some electronics shop in Jhbg (sort of like Dion's, but was a man's name) in 1982. I wrote some simple programmes (I think in basic, but don't remember) for my kids to do their homework on, spelling and arithmetic.

Kids hated it!!!

They just enjoyed the games.

Tony Factor's?

He sold a lot of home computers. I wrote a lot of computer games for them in the early 80's. Paid me R50 a game. :)

Think we have posted this before. This was my first game that I can remember.

maxresdefault.jpg

202858-32.jpg

Loved Alley Cat.

I played it at a friends house who had a computer. Will never forget how he told me after a couple of minutes we should switch the computer off as its getting hot.