Who remembers?

DPG

Mainly my tekkies, they were the hardest hit, although the bottoms of my jeans also came out a mess.

I think we used to call the resultant damage of a night out 'being caked in scrotch rot'.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BONKERS in Florida road and The Barn. Blarney brothers hang out.

In Joburg I remember Le Club, The Doors, Chelsea Underground, Club Image and a few other dark and dingy spots.

Great fun though!

Oh yeah, the Doors ha ha.

In my experience, the scalier the bar, the more fun you had. Those shiny vodka bars, like Cloud 9 down in Umhlanga, were nowhere near as much of a jol.

Who else went to this club back in the day?

5757_465626620193906_819417428_n.jpg?oh=

Used to drive down from Utrecht in Natal to go here....

Bunk a little work on a friday and return feeling pretty knackered on a Sunday....!

@Red - did you ever go to the Gas Works or CCHQ? 

In Joburg I remember Le Club, The Doors, Chelsea Underground, Club Image and a few other dark and dingy spots.
Great fun though!

@Red - did you ever go to the Gas Works or CCHQ?

CCHQ sounds vaguely familiar. Where abouts was it?

I left SA for a bit to go back to UK so missed some of Joburg club scene.

The last time I went to Burn was in '99, then I got converted to listening to doof doof.

News Action Bar in Hillcrest was our place to be on a Friday night, and we jolled at 30's on the odd Saturday.

Never really went to 54 ("filthy whore"), although I went there once with my sister and bro in law for a New Years eve party. In the Pinetown area, we mainly went to Insomnia or Crowded House.

Edit: I THINK it was Crowded House, all I know it was a club that was situated under a building in Pinetown.

Insomnia! Thank you... 

And yes, Crowded House. Think the one in Overport was Calico's?

In my experience, the scalier the bar, the more fun you had. Those shiny vodka bars, like Cloud 9 down in Umhlanga, were nowhere near as much of a jol.

More recently, as in 2008 or so, went to TRUTH in JHB a few times. Then locally in CT it's been Mercury, Deco, Shimmy Beach Club & Tiger. Not for a while, though, but I may start going again soon...

Before that, it was in London. All over the fecking place. 

I went to Truth in December.

My first time ever there.

It’s definitely not my type of music, but you land up doing all sorts of strange things to impress chicks. :P

Insomnia! Thank you...

And yes, Crowded House. Think the one in Overport was Calico's?

I heard about Calico's but never went there.

My first club experience was at The Med when I was 15, went with a female friend who's a bit older. I'm surprised I wasn't asked for ID.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

CCHQ sounds vaguely familiar. Where abouts was it?

I left SA for a bit to go back to UK so missed some of Joburg club scene.

Primrose Germiston - you can't forget it if you've been. Alternative club set in what can best be described as an antique store.  Quirky but so much fun. 

Cockney Pride and Cheers bring back memories.... The yard of ale....

More recently, as in 2008 or so, went to TRUTH in JHB a few times. Then locally in CT it's been Mercury, Deco, Shimmy Beach Club & Tiger. Not for a while, though, but I may start going again soon...

Before that, it was in London. All over the fecking place. 

Yeh I remember Truth, it was in the old snake park or something in Midrand...