Idiots on The Spruit

LegsEleven

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree with a....b makes sense and c does not...animals can not attempt to make you crash

Do you ride a bike or walk your dogs? Loose dogs that run at or alongside bikes are by definition trying to make you crash... Note - I am not in anyway averse to dogs, and certainly don't intend to harm them, but I have no intent to crash while taking insane avoiding action for a loose and undisciplined dog that is not being controlled by it's owner. (who is at fault)

Please translate this for me :whistling:

I deleted my comment because I thought it was dumb. simple. Have fun...cue blonde jokes

Guest Smimby

Do you ride a bike or walk your dogs? Loose dogs that run at or alongside bikes are by definition trying to make you crash... Note - I am not in anyway averse to dogs, and certainly don't intend to harm them, but I have no intent to crash while taking insane avoiding action for a loose and undisciplined dog that is not being controlled by it's owner. (who is at fault)

I normally take it out on the owner NOT the dog. Dog will not TRY and MAKE me crash. they will either want to bite or play...but that is dogs.

The owner is the stupid one here and should be reprimanded NOT the dog....

I'm with you, my mum had to have her ring finger amputated after a dog attacked her on her bike in the street in a residential area. Fell over the bars with her finger caught between the handle bar and brake lever, could,nt save it.

Guest Smimby

I'm with you, my mum had to have her ring finger amputated after a dog attacked her on her bike in the street in a residential area. Fell over the bars with her finger caught between the handle bar and brake lever, could,nt save it.

Still not the DOGS fault, it is the owner....no use in riding over the dog.....ride over the owner.

Ouch..... I stitched up a lad a while back who caught his wedding ring on a shelf taking stationary off the top shelf and slipped - chopped his finger off pretty neatly at the knuckle.... might have been possible to re-attach if they had brought it with.... in ice....

Still not the DOGS fault, it is the owner....no use in riding over the dog.....ride over the owner.

AGREED. The owner left their gates open...and was nowhere around. The dog was doing what guard dogs do...defend territory when mum came riding by with an Alsatian on the leash.

I like dogs, and own dogs, but seriously. If a dog has you by the ankle will you smack the dog or the owner? Me I'll smack the dog in an effort to defend myself. Deal with the owner once the immediate danger has been dealt with. Let's just keep it real here.

Guest Smimby

I like dogs, and own dogs, but seriously. If a dog has you by the ankle will you smack the dog or the owner? Me I'll smack the dog in an effort to defend myself. Deal with the owner once the immediate danger has been dealt with. Let's just keep it real here.

Keep it real and go read what comment I responded to in the first place

I have been attacked by dogs many times and have sometimes dispatched them with a swift cleat to the head, only to be threatened by the irate owner with lots of threats .I even had a huge shock stick/ cattle prodder stuck in my face by with blue sparks flying. At Emmarentia lake the rules clearly state dogs must be on a lead but no one ever pays any attention to that. About 2 years ago at Delta park a `lady` threw a stick across my path which caused me to fly OTH over her border collie and shepard dog who were in hot pursuit of said stick. I was too livid to take it up with her and just dusted myself off and departed but my wife gave her a spectacular lesson in the alternative oxford dictionary and maintains to this day that the `b*tch looked straight at me and timed the throw to it`s effect. I now carry a extra large can of the strongest pepper jet spray I could find and will use it without hesitation on the next mutt that tugs at my socks, hopefully the owner will be taking notes.

Guest Smimby

Smimby is like a little ankle biter isnt he?

Staffie!!!