RAVE:- thehub is a great place! with great people.....(mostly)

L.T.G

After reading the saga going with the Cedar Square Concept Cyclery

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/141677-unhappy-with-service-from-concept-cyclery-cedar-square/

I thought I must share the experience I had with a hubber recently.

I put op a post looking for garmin mounts, a hubber by the name of wilvegza got back to me saying he had a couple he wasn't using and they're mine, no charge!

He was even prepared to meet up while up in Jozi from CT with work , I couldn't make it though so we arranged he'd post and I'd just pay for the postage.

I doubled checked once he'd posted and sent me the the cost thereof if he was sure about me not paying for them, he said yes, they're just lying about anyway.

This isn't about scoring a couple items no charge, just about what a great place this is... :thumbup: with great people :clap: ....mostly :mellow:

.... pity you get guys like what Bertus' friend had to deal with :thumbdown:

ANYYYWAYYY... this is a positive thread.... so thanks again wilvegza :clap: :thumbup:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thehub and the people on thehub have always fascinated me.

Online we're all easily insulted nut cases that will argue any point well past the point of stupidity. The majority of our online personas are muppits.

Once you get past the online persona and into the real people behind the personas you realise that the majority are fantastic.

Online we're all easily insulted nut cases that will argue any point well past the point of stupidity. The majority of our online personas are muppits.

Once you get past the online persona and into the real people behind the personas you realise that the majority are fantastic.

Im not a muppit

This is so true.

Cool vignette

Love good news!

Anyone who rides a bike is cool with me, even the foolish keyboard warrior who frequents here daily

(Absolutely no reference to myself of course)

Edited by ' Dale

Have to agree, specially considering the fact you let a perfect stranger (me) take your bike away and EFT you from home. Before we'd even met in person.

Just to make this all a bit less abstract you know?

;)

I have always maintained this notion. Cycling is the most "barrier breaking, human uniting, look past the *!^$#& in our lives, etc. sport. It is a family of completely misunderstanding and frustrated members who always find a solution. So you win either way..........at least in my part of the family. Giving is and will always be GOOD.

Have to agree, specially considering the fact you let a perfect stranger (me) take your bike away and EFT you from home. Before we'd even met in person.

Just to make this all a bit less abstract you know?

;)

It will probably end up in me losing lots of money but I reckon I'm a good judge of character. You're ok mate :-)

You doing towers dirty one?

Skyf at our usual spot?

Mr. Shimano and I will be there to assist you in emptying the beer tent :clap: Any of the other 2013 Joberg2C crew in?

Mr. Shimano and I will be there to assist you in emptying the beer tent :clap: Any of the other 2013 Joberg2C crew in?

Meyers are in too....the ugly one is my partner, the young one is going for podium with mr de jongh

oom, prawn are in....only one that I am not sure of is DIPS....ping ping ping DIPS