Local import decision makers

(Deon)

Hey Naas,

are you bringing in the Magic Mary yet? And the Rock Razor? 2 tyres I am VERY interested in, and I know of a lot of people who have been forced to buy from overseas as a result of the pathetic local stock levels.

Also - I reckon the lack of general local support has forced people to look online, and discount any local retailers, which is why you're not seeing the movement you were expecting.

Rock Razor 650B and 26" will be in stock next week... Magic Mary on back-order and should be here in 2 weeks time.

Edited by Naas

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get great deals on secondhand 26" bikes from my lbs. But if and when I want to buy a new bike, it will have to be a 29er! :wacko:

How can there not be a market for 26" wheels?

What happened to all the bikes that were ridden before 29ers came along?

Relegated to commuters / SS / bike hanging from roof and only to be used when other one is broken being serviced.

True story

Since the twentynaiiners became mainstream I have stuggled to find proper rubber for my 26 inch dual sus. I am not talking snakeskin this an magic mary that, just plain old kenda karma...something with a bit of grip that's heavy and not easy rolling.

Sure,the tyres are available to order, but what about walk-in customers at the LBS?

Sometimes you suffer catastrophic tyre failure, and you cant wait weeks or days for a shipment to arrive.

Anyways. Been riding on the wagon wheels, and although i am enjoying my new chick, she just does not corner like the sixer...

R695 each - that is for the Snakeskin version in 2.35 Trailstar compound.

I was hoping my Months-Ago suggestion for the Super Gravity version would be acknowledged. Any chance to slip a 5 - 10 in your order?

Rock Razor will be dry conditions only tyre, and even then, its super squirrelly, so its not going to find favour with many riders. But ya, not really complaining that more schwalbe loving will be coming our way.

Edited by Capricorn

I was hoping my Months-Ago suggestion for the Super Gravity version would be acknowledged. Any chance to slip a 5 - 10 in your order?

Rock Razor will be dry conditions only tyre, and even then, its super squirrelly, so its not going to find favour with many riders.

The Rock Razor is available in 26 x 2.35 SG Trailstar, as well as 650B x 2.35/ Will gladly order for you - R695 each.You can just mail Janos on Janos@evobikes.co.za to confirm.

The Rock Razor is available in 26 x 2.35 SG Trailstar, as well as 650B x 2.35/ Will gladly order for you - R695 each.You can just mail Janos on Janos@evobikes.co.za to confirm.

Wait, Naas - is it available in Trailstar, or PaceStar? Just phoned Janos and he confirmed only Pacestar, and even though I wanted TS, I have requested the PS.

Please advise urgently!

We bring in various 26" models every month - but all of it ordered from us via e-mail due to the small market compared to 29" . If you need something drop us a mail at info@evobikes.co.za

out of interest, what's your thumbsuck on the distribution ratio that you're selling by volume 26:650b:29??

Thumbsuck? I would say 1:2:8

If that's te case, then there's still a definite market for the sixer tyre. I hope you're doing your bit in trying to get the distributors to wake up and smell the motherflicking rubber!

If that's te case, then there's still a definite market for the sixer tyre. I hope you're doing your bit in trying to get the distributors to wake up and smell the motherflicking rubber!

Dont agree....with that ratio I would rather stock my shelves with goods that move faster...that is if I was a retailer. From a business point of view this would make sense...as a value add to clients in the hope that it will almost act as some kind of "loss leader" it could work.