Buyers wasting sellers time

ChUkKy

oooooooooooooooo.......slight case of moerse over react.....

If its true that 'ol Normie is\was in Hospital....then shame man...give the man a Bel....i mean break.

1000 post rule....sjoe....good luck to you then Rouxtie...if that works for you then great.

Ive bought and sold quite a few items the past 2 months, and nearly all of the sellers/buyers was under 50 posts. You can quickly see if a guy is wasting your time and a legit seller/buyer

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a set of bars for sale. Guy pm's me saying he'll take them. About 10 messages back and forth to make a meeting arrangement etc he asks for a better price to which I respond and say I think the price is fair to which he says ok I'm just waiting to hear about another set of bars he's looking at and he'll get back to me. I think I got a response 3 weeks later asking if they are still available. Just a tad frustrating but just my opinion.

Should have a "Rate the Buyer" option in the classifieds so sellers know who to trust a bit less than others

As opposed to the usual "Rape the Buyer"?

Rating doesn't always work. I bought an Eddy Merckx from Emo Kid last week and agreed on the price, etc. Now silence, disappeared from The Hub.

Rating doesn't always work. I bought an Eddy Merckx from Emo Kid last week and agreed on the price, etc. Now silence, disappeared from The Hub.

Go rate him....if he ever wants to sell anything again, it will pop up with negative feedback

aaa Chucky

sorry i am in hospital dealing with a hit and run

Call me a C you next tuesday. its cool

maybe send me a text or even a PM

anyway, need the tyre, so if its still up, let me transfer and set up the date as i am a man that stand true

up to you Bud

I dont have your number, in my PM's to you I left mine so you can drop me a message.

No need for me to call you a name :thumbup:

Hope all is well, I'll PM you my number as I see in my hub messages it says conversation deleted but I can still see it all. Not sure if you can.

Will PM you now.

Never have many issues to be honest,

been pretty lucky i suppose.

But then i am normally the buyer and not the seller and i stick to what i say.

Rouxtjie,

A thousand posts is a tad much,

i do look at how many posts they have and i think 250 plus is usually a decent marker.

For instance you wouldn't sell to me and i have been here for 4.5 years and have contributed where i feel i can, limited knowledge and all.

It is your choice though, just hope i don't want/need something you are selling.

Ja Chuckky....pis poor form by the 2 guys in question....cas247 and Norm333. Its really about common decency. Let me know...get back to me when you say you will...manage my expectations. Now for what its worth, I include the following on ALL my ads...sort of fine print

...Don't call Dibs...it means nothing. Item will be secured if you post "I will take it".

...I don't deal with members with less than 1000 posts, so don't bother posting / negotiating.

Since I have added these two rules to my ads, my experience ito dealing with hot air buyers have been 100% great. For one, you dont get lurkers sitting in the classifieds all day long contributing nothing else, you don't get the one post wonders that you don't know the character of and you don't open yourself up to scammers / dangerous situations since they people buying have been around the block a few times on the hub. Trust me...add it to your ads, its worth it.

Oh please go and rate them negatively in the marketplace section....based on it i will never deal with either cas247 and Norm333

...I don't deal with members with less than 1000 posts, so don't bother posting / negotiate - That's just stupid man!!!!!

oooooooooooooooo.......slight case of moerse over react.....

If its true that 'ol Normie is\was in Hospital....then shame man...give the man a Bel....i mean break.

1000 post rule....sjoe....good luck to you then Rouxtie...if that works for you then great.

How can it be an over react if I didnt know due to nothing being communicated up until today?

Please explain?

...I don't deal with members with less than 1000 posts, so don't bother posting / negotiate - That's just stupid man!!!!!

Its not stupid, it is a choice.

If he has the time,money and patience then why not.

works like a charm pel, like you...I don't sell or buy anything from until you hit 1000. Then I have a good feel of your personality and if its worth buying from or selling to you.

Its not stupid, it is a choice.

If he has the time,money and patience then why not.

exactly....willing buyer, willing seller. And to be honest I have much better dealings with peeps since I have been doing it since you dont get the "dibs" callers and also no wasting time from one post wonders

Of about 50 items bought and sold on thehub and climb.co.za over the last year, I've only ever had issues with one person, who happened to have over 2000 posts. This was a R135 dispute and settled between us.

When it comes to "dibs" - I respectfully but explicitly inform every person that calls dibs on an item I'm selling: You have first option, but if someone offers me cash or an immediate EFT (Nedbank to Nedbank, same day) you become second option, because of exactly what the OP has experienced.

Pierre I wont lie to you here, you are setting yourself up to have a thread like this of your own....dont give them any option....dibs means jack, ignore them.