Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

just dawned on me now that some chop will do it on a fat bike :)

Some dude led 3G on a fat bike with his safe the rhino kit. Joh manne maar daai man kan bicycle trap. Going up the light incline (i think ladies mile) at abt 40kph. RESPECT!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...............(Chucks Cannondale into nearby road barricade and weeps)...............

Where, where, I believe in re-cycling, will go fetch. (How much does it weigh?) :D

Excuse my ignorance but who was the World Champion hand cyclist?

Ernst Van Dyk, their group[ was right by our start group before the start, very inspiring to see.  

You also finish at the head of 1D's race, LWB?

My finishing time is the same

pity 90% of 1D bunch had no intentions of trying to catch 1C

pity 90% of 1D bunch had no intentions of trying to catch 1C

Eish!

You were dancing on them perrals today, Bru

You are all bloody liars.  :whistling:  :ph34r:  I saw nobody riding slowly and having a party.

I started this race in a mood for chatting and all, but the people in 6D had other ideas, like chasing a sub 1 hour.  As if.  The Cape Doctor on Nelson Mandela Boulevard made sure that it would be a complete pipe dream.

Looked for the Captain at the top of Whineberg (hehe) Hill for a much needed beer since I forgot my water bottle at home, but could not locate the bloke.

Stopped at the first waterpoint looking for a water bottle, but no luck.  Very much thank you to the lady that gave me her second bottle, it helped on the way back.  With the wind at the back on the Whineberg climb it became a bit hot.

Nice fast race, but feels like when you are looking forward to wedding night and you find the bride fast asleep on the bed after the shower.

Weather good for rest of day as the wind turned South.

That was pretty quick. Tempo in 1A was decent, not overboard. There was a crash going down hospital bend. The organizers left the no stopping signs on M3 in the road for some unknown reason! Some poor guy ploughed into them! Caught the ladies 7min gap as we climbed edingborough drive on the way home. All good times today by the guys 1:09

My son did 1:34 from 6D.  I explained to him about using the groups, especially against the wind, but he said he could not find any decent group, the people were all over the road.  So it was basically a 47km time trial for him.  I think I did a 1:50 from same group, but not sure since he had my Garmin.

EDIT:   Not sure what official time I will get.  It was so congested at the finish line, we had to walk over it.  Took about 10 minutes to walk over.

Was also in A bunch and glad I could hold on! Was lucky being on the far right with the crash so could avoid it.

I lost my Garmin Edge 500 out there. When I looked down at one stage it was just gone! I did hit a cateye once so assume it loosened with the hit. A longs shot... If anyone picked it up please msg me! I can supply my last few activities do you can verify

My son did 1:34 from 6D.  I explained to him about using the groups, especially against the wind, but he said he could not find any decent group, the people were all over the road.  So it was basically a 47km time trial for him.  I think I did a 1:50 from same group, but not sure since he had my Garmin.

EDIT:   Not sure what official time I will get.  It was so congested at the finish line, we had to walk over it.  Took about 10 minutes to walk over.

I rode in 3B and couldnt find a decent group. Not sure what the guys were thinking.

Archived