Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Aaah, good, someone slower to chase. Wasn't looking forward to sprinting against Cavendish. ;) (I already have Lance Armstrong on my "beaten" list for the Argus :ph34r: .)

ya but he wasn't juiced up then

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think 3:15 is a good target for us in 2A.

We gonna go for it?

im in 2A as well :thumbup:

The target is 3hour if weather is on our side.

Sub 3 first time doing argus have a lovely ring to it :thumbup:  ME LIKE ALOT :drool:

7 hrs from start of your group

i thought cut off time was like 17H00 and it dont matter where you start ?

Slowbee, you'll have to drink your beer a little faster!

how long in lived in the western cape ! This is THE TOUR, I mean THE TOUR, like le TOUR, except it is one day, flat, and alot shorter, and the people line the streets, drink beer, pfffftt, what a pleb, champers and wine only :)  maybe a crossaint and tea to carbo load at Simons Town

Looks like I'm going to have to push to catch up with 2A from 2B.

I jumped a group last year, so it should be possible?  Maybe...

Holding thumbs for good weather!

Yes, but if you want an "official" time and be counted as a finisher you have to finish within x (7?) hours from your starting group.

Looks like I'm going to have to push to catch up with 2A from 2B.

I jumped a group last year, so it should be possible?  Maybe...

Holding thumbs for good weather!

+1, but that south easter..............

2.11     Riders are required to complete the Cycle Tour course within 7 (seven) hours to be awarded a result and finishing certificate unless the race organisers determine otherwise. This time is calculated from the time the rider’s group crosses the start line. For riders’ safety and in line with the requirements of the City of Cape Town a number of cut off points have been established along the route. Times and locations of these cut off points will be available on www.cycletour.co.za prior to the event date. If riders reach a cut-off point at the specified time, they will not be permitted to continue on the route and the rider and his/her bicycle will be removed from the course and transported back to the finish line. The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust have been granted exclusive rights to utilise the course road space for the duration of the event by the City of Cape Town and until such time that the roads have been reopened by the City of Cape Town’s Traffic department, the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust will have full control of the Cycle Tour route.

Yes, but if you want an "official" time and be counted as a finisher you have to finish within x (7?) hours from your starting group.

oh poowee, spoil sports.. :thumbdown:  but in all that effort and training to enter other rides to get a good seeding so one can stop more and then this .... I HATE FINE PRINT ...

Shew, Saturday training ride I met up with the Doc around Smits and got a good taste of his medicine.

But... My Momma always told me that if it tastes bad it must be good for you :clap:

Saturday the wind leading up to smits was special. Put my hands on the drops and tried not to think about it

I have a better idea, let see who can manage 9hr59m59s..........now that will be a ride worth doing .... full 450 rhondts worth on the day ....

9:59 is legally possible (but that cost 2 x R450).

Archived