Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accuweathers 45 day forecast says gusts of up to 50km/h.... :ph34r:  Is the cat amongst the pigeons yet? :whistling:

no one can make accurate predictions 3 weeks in advance 

Iv done the race enough times to know not to even bother how the weather is the day before, Heck even on the start line the wind can be still and once you go around the mountain *%@?. So unless they predicting rain or snow I wouldn't worry too much. Look at it this way-it cant really get worse than 2009.

Iv done the race enough times to know not to even bother how the weather is the day before, Heck even on the start line the wind can be still and once you go around the mountain *%@?. So unless they predicting rain or snow I wouldn't worry too much. Look at it this way-it cant really get worse than 2009.

Yeah, that's what I think. 

Unless it rains. And is windy. Then I'm staying put, I'm afraid. 

no one can make accurate predictions 3 weeks in advance 

I can - this is Cape Town, we will have summerautumnwinterspring on the day! :D But not necessary in that order. 

I really can't see how you can do Chappies in 30 min. Maybe if you walk most of it. It also is just the last kilometre or so that is steep, the first part is not that bad.

Suikerbossie is a blixem, but only because you get it after 90km of racing.

However, the "gees" there makes it fun. Make sure you don't miss the "flashers"

I agree with the guys above that Smitswinkel is probably the most difficult, especially the last part.

I can - this is Cape Town, we will have summerautumnwinterspring on the day! :D But not necessary in that order.

yes, as the saying goes,"if you don't like the weather in Cape Town, just wait half an hour"

Archived