Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

a lot of rain and cold weather this week in Northern Europe + a very busy schedule for my last working week = doesn't leave much opportunity for riding. I hope to do a long ride (+80km) on sunday, will be good to kill some time before heading for the airport in the evening and start our 3 week SA adventure!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Nice, try to squeeze in an open top bus tour or two, You'll really enjoy it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any of you cape town guys know where the closest virgin active gym is to fish hoek? My tandem partner is going down next Tuesday and wants to still ride a bit before the race. I only go down on Friday before the race and it might be difficult riding the tandem on your own from the back.

Very nice site and looking iphone app... Might take the place of windguru on my phone as they have been getting it wrong of late..

I find Wunderground better than Windguru

10 days - Well, you are taking your chances with any of them

5 days - They get it right 75% of the time

3 days - They get it right 90% of the time

1 day - They get it right pretty much down to the hour.

So what you guys recommend for Tapering down before a big event, I think I over trained for 99er because I just was not feeling fresh at all and kept cramping,

Thinking I will do the Tuesday and Thursday PPA Ride around Killarney this week, go have some fun on MTB with Family on Saturday (22km MTB ride) maybe a 50KM ride Monday morning with one easy 20KM Thursday the week before D-Day?

Some advice from me.

I would take it easy this week. Rather skip Killarney this week as those can be quite high intensity sessions. Do a few zone 1 and 2 rides for an hour or two and be well rested.

The last few days leading up to the Argust do a few high intensity sessions but still keep the duration short. Ideally you want rested legs that you then start waking up or opening for the event.

This strategy has worked well for me lately.

Archived