Tokai Switchbacks ...... ... DON'T !!!

porqui

Eldron, berms may be bliss to rail properly, that's for sure... but there are many other trails in Tokai that berms can be built on, and are. The bridal path, however, is not one of those trails. It's an old, narrow beautiful piece of trail that is just vest left to its natural state... raw

Edit. Ah. You forgot to use comic Sans. ..

Any idea who did this?

Both left turns one about half way down and the other about 3/4 down.

The berm almost at the bottom is fine - right line, angle and raduis.

The very rocky right turn near the top needs work - cutting it as someone is trying to do won't work either.

No idea who it is but he has put in a lot of time and effort. Has done some good work but the berms suck. He should rather come join us on a build day.

Edited by porqui

Both left turns one about half way down and the other about 3/4 down.

The berm almost at the bottom is fine - right line, angle and raduis.

The very rocky right turn near the top needs work - cutting it as someone is trying to do won't work either.

No idea who it is but he has put in a lot of time and effort. Has done some good work but the berms suck. He should rather come join us on a build day.

i think i recall those, but i'll make an effort to pay attention to the terrain tomorrow.

Going down that way for the first time in a few years, i must admit to wishing there were catchnets at some sections. felt like infinity was just a few mm away.

There is a place for berms, just not where they have been built on Switchbacks. Yes Switchbacks needs some care and this renegade builder did do a bit a of nice clean up, but please DO NOT CHANGE THE FEATURES! This trail is steep and berms with the wrong camber will be dangerous on this lonely trail. Berms also form a channel for water which as seen in the past cause a big problem here.

i think i recall those, but i'll make an effort to pay attention to the terrain tomorrow.

Going down that way for the first time in a few years, i must admit to wishing there were catchnets at some sections. felt like infinity was just a few mm away.

I know what you mean, Cap! Very vertigious!

Thats a hell of a distance for an unofficial builder to drag the tools needed to build up berms, very difficult without a vehicle I would have thought.

I can just see that bridal path is gonna be heavily congested the this weekend and the next couple to come as most are wanna go see and try those berms

These berms HAVE NO bottoms - are at 83.5 degrees and a raduis of 50cm.

The top is a knife edge.

Nothing worse on a trail than a poorly built berm!

Reminds me, should go hit them G-spot ultra sweet berms today, heard there was some upgrades

rode down there this morning, didn't see any berms either. but this one section, i feel they need to put a rock there or something, just to let you know to keep more left than you might already be. Bit of a blind corner, loads of speed into it, and well, it hooks sharp left while you think you still need to carry on more to the right than you should be. If you do, its over the edge and into infinity. There's a definite braking line past the corner almost off the second edge (which is the real start of infinity). lucky sod probably stopped in the nick of time.

Rode this yesterday for the first time in over a year!  It's a lekka route now with a good mix of nice trail and terror - just what you need!
Just wish that there were more trails around it.  It really does feel like you're far from anybody when you drop in there alone.