Bestmed Jacaranda Satellite Classic (80km and 106km)

Marijan

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In for the 106 km .Not in the best shape at the moment .I need some miles on  the legs for W2W and I like this route

I targeted this race for a good seeding race. Training has been good. My legs are coming on nicely but now I have trouble shaking my beerboep. I am sure I will bitch all the way up.

Shova out the way - lets hope the legs are ready to tackle Hekpoort

Bring on the weekend!

(But first - enjoy your Monday all you brahs and ladybrahs <3 )

Shova out the way - lets hope the legs are ready to tackle Hekpoort

Bring on the weekend!

(But first - enjoy your Monday all you brahs and ladybrahs <3 )

+1 See you there.

Morning all 

Anyone doing the Jacaranda  Road race and the MTB race the next morning ? plan to do this as part of my W2W build up. not sure of the 40km MTB race the next day ?

cheers 

Some nice Strava / Veloviewer stats.

Distance: 4.2 km Elev Gain: 218 m Avg Grade: 5.20% Max Grade: 18% KOM time: 09:31 KOM speed: 26.5 km/h KOM VAM: 1377 QOM time: 11:40 QOM speed: 21.6 km/h

post-25-0-44229900-1413201789_thumb.png

post-25-0-09968700-1413201790_thumb.png

post-25-0-37206000-1413202063_thumb.png

My Strava has the start at exactly 74.5 climbs till 78.5 and previously mentioned bump at 85 and 87.1.... last 2km nice little gentle rise to the finish :) oh and my total distance last year was 104km not 106km, so don't get caught out.

Distance: 4.2 km Elev Gain: 218 m Avg Grade: 5.20% Max Grade: 18% KOM time: 09:31 KOM speed: 26.5 km/h KOM VAM: 1377 QOM time: 11:40 QOM speed: 21.6 km/h

You know what they say,

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger,right?

Bring it on!

So clearly flattens out last 2k.  What is average gradient over the first 2.5km?  About 8%?

OKAY, I'm in for the SUFFERFEST (grrrr)... had a rough race last year with upset stomach, hekpoort alone took me 30mins. hoping to improve on the horrific 3h47

Hey Guys.

Im urgently looking for an entry if anyone has one and cant attend? If i dont come right ill get a late entry on Thursday but not keen on an unseeded start time.

Please let me know.

I haven't had an email back with any race info on it. Usually I get something to take with me to pick up my race number. Has everyone else had a conformation email?

Archived