Strava Cheating

bmw1za

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when I see abnormal KOM's I usually check the ride the particular individual has done.One only has to look into the history of the rider to see if the figures are genuine or just good old BS.I suppose after a while the novelty wears off of constantly chasing KOM'S .I use strava as my training aid and hook up with my buddy's .Keep it real.Bull **** baffles brains.

Same here I use strava as a training tool. Got unfriended, unfollowed and blocked when I told someone that there's more to cycling than strava segments.

I almost ended up having a nervous breakdown because I lost such a valuable facebook friend [emoji85]

Stretch you are a sore loser....i saw go hide behind the firetower to go cry.

Ha ha...went and had a little nap waiting for you!

.....but really I was just watering the black jacks

I have to tell you guys, I was probably the slowest climber in the world... Chasing KOM's has been a very important tool for me , more importantly... I am no longer the slowest climber in the world  :drool:

I dont chase koms on strava,but I enjoy competing with others and I must admit it makes me feel a little bit good when I see I'm 23 out of 96 and I did this on a 26er in a world of 29ers.

BUT.....earlier this month Afrimat Tour De Worcester was held around town and I have now been competely f@&$#d on a few segments by those roadies.[emoji23]

I'll probably have to go borrow someones roadbike to get some street cred back now.[emoji12]

I dont chase koms on strava,but I enjoy competing with others and I must admit it makes me feel a little bit good when I see I'm 23 out of 96 and I did this on a 26er in a world of 29ers.

BUT.....earlier this month Afrimat Tour De Worcester was held around town and I have now been competely f@&$#d on a few segments by those roadies.[emoji23]

I'll probably have to go borrow someones roadbike to get some street cred back now.[emoji12]

OUCH ... I feel your pain 

Once I forgot about Strava driving home from Jonkers.

Didn't even know about it till Strava had it flagged automatically a week later.

Anyways before I cropped it I remember an option which said something like... Trust me, its right.

I guess many riders have the nerve to click that option.

I enjoy competing with friends. I couldn't give 2 ****s about koms.

But most rides I just decide against strava (or forget about it)

Have more fun without it anyways.

I just finished some Strava flaggin! Found some okes flying down the M3 in cape town at 156km/h GPS speed that's pretty much twice the speed limit. I wonder if the traffic cops can use your strava data to klap you with a fine?!

After a while you begin to recognize the usual KOM Suspects so when there is a person doing 11238VAM you know something fishy.

But i'm not the person who "cheated".. I just see the name and the record in the list .

Just report it. There's this awesome feature called "Crop Ride" that you can trim it with.

PR > KOM

Yep, there is also KOM Defender that mails you with possible "assisted" efforts on segments you rode that week. You can then investigate and flag if you agree with KOM Defenders analysis.

Yep, there is also KOM Defender that mails you with possible "assisted" efforts on segments you rode that week. You can then investigate and flag if you agree with KOM Defenders analysis.

How do you set that up? Just for interest sake....I can not find the details on the site?

If you spot a dodgy KOM, Go to the users KOM and select "analyst effort". It will then display the segment on a graph. If a guy is going 70km/h on a 5% gradient, then you know what to do! Additionally, cars speeds will be erratic, like stopping at robots/stop signs then accelerating to 70 in a matter of meters. 

Archived