Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

I rode in the 2F group and did a 2:44. I enjoyed the ride and had no issues with traffic control or accidents, just few guys who were willing to do the time upfront. I was the guy in the orange Strava shirt who stuck with the two hard working older guys. One from 2A and his mate 2F 1154..oh and a guy in Italia colours also did his bit. These two were troopers and although I took my turn up front I didnt tow as much as them. I also managed to time trial (English for being dropped it seems) at +-15km to go.

I'll be back next year, for sure

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a really enjoyable race even tho I forgot my start card in the bakkie so I had to fetch it and missed my start bunch 2C and I had to start in 2G.

I was aiming for a sub 3 and would have been happy with a 2:55 but I managed to beat that and did it in 2:43

I am really happy and had a fun 1st ever Burger/SCT.

If it makes you feel better the majority of riders in 2C came in around 2:40 - 2:50, so unless you are super climber (for Helz) you didn't miss much by starting in 2G  ^_^

Where did the split in $ occur?

Which split? It split on hells, came back together. Then there was a break of 2 from 20km to 80km. Back together. 

Then 10 broke away coming under N1.

Then up last few rollers there were one or two splits.

Was plenty of action yesterday.

Where did the split in $ occur?

The big split on the time sheet occurred going up Hells. I was in the second group :P 

From there it wasn't too many guys working well together it felt like :(

Would have been better off starting in %

Which split? It split on hells, came back together. Then there was a break of 2 from 20km to 80km. Back together. 

Then 10 broke away coming under N1.

Then up last few rollers there were one or two splits.

Was plenty of action yesterday.

There was actually a few splits going up Hels. There was a group of about 10-15 in the front and another group of about 60 just behind with a big split of about 70 riders behind them. The two front groups caught each other just after Pniel but the large group at the back never managed to close the gap and finished about 10 minutes behind us.

There was actually a few splits going up Hels. There was a group of about 10-15 in the front and another group of about 60 just behind with a big split of about 70 riders behind them. The two front groups caught each other just after Pniel but the large group at the back never managed to close the gap and finished about 10 minutes behind us.

Oh, so wasn't in the last split, was not in a spot to be looking around at the top of Hells.

All I know is that downhill and Pniel road was very quick and took massive turns on the front to the railway tracks.

Oh, so wasn't in the last split, was not in a spot to be looking around at the top of Hells.

All I know is that downhill and Pniel road was very quick and took massive turns on the front to the railway tracks.

I looked on strava flyby this morning. I was wondering why there was such a gap to the second half of $.

I thought it happened on Hels. Must've been terrible in the 2nd group with no one willing to work.

In % the group also split on Hels. Been doing a lot of hill climbing so I was right up there with the first group.

I thought it happened on Hels. Must've been terrible in the 2nd group with no one willing to work.

In % the group also split on Hels. Been doing a lot of hill climbing so I was right up there with the first group.

Nicely done, man.  :thumbup:

Got caught behind several dead wheels and averting a crash as someone touched traffic cones on Helz.

I was in a chasing 6-8 riders until and it was eina stuff as we got so close to catching up.

Then got swallowed up by the guys with big thighs on the Victor Verster Rd.

I cried myself to sleep last night. :ph34r:

But feeling much better now. 

Who took the photo's? Jetline Action Photo's.

There must be one or two of me bleeding through my eyes.

Is there any way to see the times from the mats at the top of Hels and at Wellington?

Nope. They are there to make sure you did the whole route. They are not published as some people miss them or are not read properly I guess. Would just be a whole world of Admin I can imagine.

Looks like chasing down the breakaway over Hells to Pniel had its benefits :D

http://www.strava.com/segments/2724187?filter=overall

#KOM :D Had to share it with my mate though!!

Holy smokes.  My 12:44 pales by comparison.  I wasn't exactly pushing it (wary of those cobblestone crossings) but wasn't sitting idle also.  Must say, being in the latter starting groups, it was everybody for themselves after Hels.

Archived