Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

Sometime the cold temp of the bomb can fuse the core of the valve to the bomb connector. When you unscrew it, you end up unscrewing the valve core and let all the air out the tube.

To prevent this, when you start to unscrew the connector from the valve, (do it slowly) if you starts hear hissing tighten again and give the connector a squirt with your water bottle. This should break the bond. Once the connector is off make sure the core is tightly screwed in. Very difficult by hand but you can get a small tool for it. Or much easier is buy tubes without removable cores.

Same principal of licking cold medal, your tongue will freeze to it. 

I had this happen twice and now there is a bomb and bomb adapter in a bin near Simons Town. I bought the Lenzyne adapter which does not screw on, it is a push on one and works like a bomb :P

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had this happen twice and now there is a bomb and bomb adapter in a bin near Simons Town. I bought the Lenzyne adapter which does not screw on, it is a push on one and works like a bomb :P

The push on ones are the best. I have a cannondale multi-tool with the push on bomb adapter built into it. :clap:

As per similar feedback from others, this race kind of felt harder than the Argus was earlier this year.

All the way to the Hugenoot tunnel and the little turn offs etc was amazing, but when I hit that looooooooong looooooooong loooooooooooong road back to Stellenbosch seeing the road just stretching out infront was a bit dull and gruelling - as well as scary as the cars were speeding by close to the yellow line and at times I could feel the heat off their engines.

Not sure about next time...

did this one on my SS

i saw a dude on an OnOne SS saw him sitting nicely in the group, gave a kudo's and smile.

Well Done on that.

What was with all the hairy legs up near the pointy end of the race? We always hear the MTBers whinge about roadies doing their events and not obeying the etiquette of the sport, but they are now doing the same thing.

The racing ladies bunch lost a bit of its appeal with all the hairy legs. I reckon the start pen guardians should check for start cards and shaved legs, and relegate any hairy beast to the unseeded groups!

What was with all the hairy legs up near the pointy end of the race? We always hear the MTBers whinge about roadies doing their events and not obeying the etiquette of the sport, but they are now doing the same thing.

The racing ladies bunch lost a bit of its appeal with all the hairy legs. I reckon the start pen guardians should check for start cards and shaved legs, and relegate any hairy beast to the unseeded groups!

But I was not even there!

Anybody else see the fender bender in front of the BP garage on Dorp Street (I think) before the race? Roughly 6:35ish...

I stopped there to use the loo and when I came out, there was a Land Rover that had rear ended a BMW X3 and totaled all 4 bikes on the rack behind it. The Landy had it's bonnet buckled back properly from the impact!

My folks said they saw a brawl at one of the water points. Something about a guy wheel sucking and not helping out.

Anybody else see the fender bender in front of the BP garage on Dorp Street (I think) before the race? Roughly 6:35ish...

I stopped there to use the loo and when I came out, there was a Land Rover that had rear ended a BMW X3 and totaled all 4 bikes on the rack behind it. The Landy had it's bonnet buckled back properly from the impact!

Didn't see this one but same thing happened to my mate last year.  One times Trek Madone in sy chops before the race even started.  He wasn't a happy camper...

My folks said they saw a brawl at one of the water points. Something about a guy wheel sucking and not helping out.

Pity the Youtoob clip doesn't exist

Hehehe

I wanted to moer this !@#$ that spat out his gel rapper, which nearly hit me the face. 

Then I remembered a friend telling me that common sense is a luxury! 

i saw a dude on an OnOne SS saw him sitting nicely in the group, gave a kudo's and smile.

Well Done on that.

Thanks, wondered who that was flying past.

Archived