Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

We must have been in the same bunch. It thinned out a bit on the Agter Paarl section and the drag up to Wellington.

Lost the bunch there just before the traffic lights to repair a flat, rode on my own till just past Nelson's where the next bunch caught me.

Sat with them till Remhoogte where my DC legs called quits, and then rode with a small group of about 5 to the end.

Not too unhappy with 2:47 for the day.

Also found myself having a nice look around the knorhoek as well as remhoogte areas....prety site when not in a bunch :w00t:

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only one gripe with the organisers. (Sorry :blush: ) The rest was perfect and yes, really nice touch of Racetec to sms provisional times so quick. iPODS!!!!! Not fair, not to mention dangerous! Its like racing on drugs. Please make sure you confiscate these cheaters iPods in the shute's. :cursing:

I have only one gripe with the organisers. (Sorry :blush: ) The rest was perfect and yes, really nice touch of Racetec to sms provisional times so quick. iPODS!!!!! Not fair, not to mention dangerous! Its like racing on drugs. Please make sure you confiscate these cheaters iPods in the shute's. :cursing:

It's so anti-social also for us funriders...

I have only one gripe with the organisers. (Sorry :blush: ) The rest was perfect and yes, really nice touch of Racetec to sms provisional times so quick. iPODS!!!!! Not fair, not to mention dangerous! Its like racing on drugs. Please make sure you confiscate these cheaters iPods in the shute's. :cursing:

When I was riding with my dad up remhoogte climb, I asked a guy to keep left. He just keep riding swinging left and right. I asked him again, buy no response. I passed him on the outside of the yellow line and then I saw the ass was riding with earphones.

I started in 2D and was running well on schedule for a 2:30ish.  Then at around the 65km mark there was an incident in front of me, not sure what it was but the guy in front of me braked hard enough for his back wheel to come off the ground and swing sideways!  I braked hard expecting to hit the deck, but luckily the guy in front got control of his bike again and a tiny gap for me opened to move into.  That's when I heard the crunching of bikes and turned around in time to see some poor guys face hit the tar - nasty!  I was a bit shaken and didn't pay proper attention for about twenty seconds, and that was long enough for the group to drop me.  I just didn't have the power to catch up again and watched them riding off into the distance with a tear in my eye...

The last 20km were terrible for me.  Without the group I hit the wall hard and didn't have anything left to latch on to the other groups as they went past.

Ended with a 2:53 which I should be really happy about since it's over half an hour better than I did last year, but I'm still upset with myself...

Guess I just need a change of mindset! 

I must have been in the same bunch... the crash happened just in front of me. Was a tough last 20km try to catch-up an stay with the bunch.

Aimed for a 3:15. Started in 2K. Managed to ride  2:56:22. :w00t:  :whistling: after bombing in Wellington. Chasing the Dragon again. :oops:

I see lots of people went 10-15 minutes below their goal. Well of the ones ive spoken to. Me included  :clap:  :clap:

I had a really enjoyable race even tho I forgot my start card in the bakkie so I had to fetch it and missed my start bunch 2C and I had to start in 2G.

I was aiming for a sub 3 and would have been happy with a 2:55 but I managed to beat that and did it in 2:43

I am really happy and had a fun 1st ever Burger/SCT.

This season has been so bad, wind wise, every race was hell. I think we all trained "more" than we think we did when conditions were good. My goal was 3:10, ended with 2:49

I had a really enjoyable race even tho I forgot my start card in the bakkie so I had to fetch it and missed my start bunch 2C and I had to start in 2G.

I was aiming for a sub 3 and would have been happy with a 2:55 but I managed to beat that and did it in 2:43

Bankie'

I normally place my race card in my middle jersey pocket the night before

Like I place my timing chip inside my shoe

On race day, it's so easy to forget the admin bits.

Being one of your chommies is dangerous! They did not have much luck today!!

Hope he heals quick.

Heheheh

Interestingly, most of the others dudes got PBs

So, yeah, that's racing

Bankie'

I normally place my race card in my middle jersey pocket the night before

Like I place my timing chip inside my shoe

On race day, it's so easy to forget the admin bits.

Yeah man I had it in my middle pocket but took it out as I was putting my shoes on just to make sure that I still have it and I forgot it on the seat. I was really pissed with myself as I missed my start group and I could have done even slightly better perhaps.

I put it out of my mind quickly tho and just focused on the race and managed to get myself in a decent bunch going over hells and we quickly formed a big group and we caught 2 more groups to form 1 massive group.

I knew that I must just hang out in front of the group for possible splits and I managed to go with the break away at the Wiesenhof climb on the R44 and we then formed a smaller 20 man group and raced in home.

I started out in 3M (front of group), going over Hels I outclimbed most of my group, so between Hels and the dam I was stuck in no-mans land.  Only picked up a nice group just past the dam. That is when I realised how much a big group helps.  From km 25 to 35 flew past.

Heheheh

Interestingly, most of the others dudes got PBs

So, yeah, that's racing

I'm your chomie and blew both my legs if that helps... ????

I'm your chomie and blew both my legs if that helps...

Only saw babse sitting in a van at the start

Eish, Bru!

Sorry to hear - another TT effort?

Missed you in the start chute but you still did such a great time! 

Archived