World hour record

Shebeen

The clever guys at wattshop did some calculations, apparently 340w avg. 

Colby Pearce hold the masters 45+ record of 50.245km. He averaged 250w. He was faster than James Ogilvy the 35+ record holder that did 49.5km. Im not sure what his output was.

Again, I always say, not all watts are equal!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some ride by @VCampenaerts to take the @UCI_cycling Hour Record. Wondering what power Victor will have ridden for it? You may be surprised! Altitude really does hit you hard. The air density inside the velodrome today was 0.949kg/m^3, so we're looking at ~340w! #Victor4VictorY https://t.co/jdafT679W27aad8e9648f89a40e2fe22c2149a8bbc.jpg

• 4 months later...

would be cool for first saffer to break 50km

someone stump up the cash!

Gert just broke his own record (SA record) again at 51.599km earlier this week and in the process also broke the UCI Masters World Hour Record. Super ride!  

Edited by L46

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

So, hands up, who is willing to bet against Top Ganna to break the Hour Record?

I am not a betting man, but if I was I would put money on him to set the new record.

• 4 weeks later...

A 66/14 chainring on a 3D printed fiets. I imagine that record will be around for a little while. 

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

A 66/14 chainring on a 3D printed fiets. I imagine that record will be around for a little while. 

UCI rules .... wonder how many orders they have received for these 3D printed frames ....

That must be a stunning piece of engineering to find the balance between wall thickness and weight and being able to withstand that power output ....