Introducing Bike Hub's Stolen Bike Database

Matt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree and tanks for setting it up, where do i find my bikes serial number? 

Most commonly you'll find it on the underside of the bottom bracket. Either stamped into the metal or on some carbon bikes it might just be a sticker.

We'll put together an FAQ section with the all the likely locations soon.

agree and tanks for setting it up, where do i find my bikes serial number? 

Most commonly you'll find it on the underside of the bottom bracket. Either stamped into the metal or on some carbon bikes it might just be a sticker.

except if its a chinarello  :ph34r:

I would like to see all LBS using this discreetly to check bikes that come through their shop. eventually all stolen bikes need to be serviced, no.

imagine if a small army of interns could check the argus finish bikepark too?!

As use of the database grows we plan to roll out easily accessible interfaces for the likes of shops, second hand stores and SAPS to quickly query any serial number or make / model to identify stolen bikes - and find their owner.

We're already regarded as a key platform to report stolen bikes (up until now just via the forum). With easy to use and effective search tools offered to these parties we can make the identification process more streamlined and hopefully, with time, help to tighten the net on bike thefts.

thank you appreciate 

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Not enough stolen bikes are reported in the Stolen Bikes section. We need every single Hubber to list their bikes and get their mates to list their bikes as well. Then we need every single rider who's bike has been stolen to report it in the stolen bikes section.

That's at least one (very effective) way to help curb the problem. Lets close some loops for these people.

200_s.gif