Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

And? Whaddya reckon

The snakeys are amazing. Exactly what they should always have been. DH2. Rough and gnar. So amazing. And the jumps on Dh3 are amazing. I can't clear any but they are amazing.

Riding there is like hooking up with an ex girfriend from high school. Familiar but different.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The snakeys are amazing. Exactly what they should always have been. DH2. Rough and gnar. So amazing. And the jumps on Dh3 are amazing. I can't clear any but they are amazing.

Riding there is like hooking up with an ex girfriend from high school. Familiar but different.

The trails builders (Reto & Shaun) were so into what they were doing there they threw in a good few days of unpaid work to get Cobra completed.

And the amount of guys repeatedly looping around the snake trails says it was well worth it.

Looking at the Giant ZA website for the first time in years I see a model that interests me - the FastRoad CoMax. I've searched the web for tests but have seen nothing detailed. 

Are they in ZA, does anyone have any knowledge/experience of them?

The trails builders (Reto & Shaun) were so into what they were doing there they threw in a good few days of unpaid work to get Cobra completed.

And the amount of guys repeatedly looping around the snake trails says it was well worth it.

Well, someone should buy them a beer each! The snakes ride with fantastic flow. :clap: It is like the bike instinctively knows what will be coming next, and without any effort. Even for an old chicken like me. :blush:

Awesome, dude. Really happy to hear that. Can't wait to get back in, myself.

So after an unsuccessful attempt at converting a roadie buddy to MTB I decided to take this beast we built for myself for some XC duty. I just could not do 100mm suspension.

Currently it weighs 11.8kg as is with pedals and dropper post not bad for a ally frame Trance X29. that makes it around 11kg without the pedals and with the KCNC seatpost fitted instead of the dropper (which I am having trouble loosing and will probably not lose.)

I think with the way bikes are progressing and the head angles becoming slacker on XC bikes and also the addition od 120mm forks - this bike is a gem which is all but forgotten. Now with the risk of sounding like marketing hype I have to say that this is the "whippiest" 29er I have tried and the tucked back end makes for a very agile machine - almost completely vanquishing my 26er rider fears of bad maneuverability of 29ers. (my 27.5 Trance with 160 Pike is way worse on the tight and twisties but more fun on the steeps admittedly )

post-51814-0-05190700-1481697986_thumb.jpg

post-51814-0-43177400-1481697993_thumb.jpg

Edited by s14phoenix

2017 Giant Trance Advanced 1 

Always just ridden Spank bars, so went with some bright green ones to match the colour scheme.   Took these up Tokai on the weekend.

So far not overly in love over my 2015 Trance, but lots of setup to do still.  

And NO ******* IDEA WHY MY PICS ALWAYS COME OUT UPSIDE DOWN ON THE HUB. FFS!

post-27911-0-20885000-1482137322_thumb.jpg

post-27911-0-57988300-1482137338_thumb.jpg

post-27911-0-72322600-1482137348_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to get the whole collection out for a photo. even the wife's 26er Anthem (now with 29er wheels and 28c tyres for road duties) the picture is kinda like a mullet... business at the front and party at the back.

some might say I have a problem... I say "Exactly! I still need a TT, a HT, a TCX...."

post-51814-0-06585900-1484816327_thumb.jpg

post-51814-0-17325000-1484816330_thumb.jpg

Edited by s14phoenix

I had some fun riding on the beach between Pearly Beach and Uilkraal on the first of January. e4ced9f878c55daa5d8d2349eae0af2e.jpg

The fun however did not last long and this turned into a k@k idea when the wet sand started sticking like fleas and I had to do alot of pushing over the dunes towards the end.

Atleast it started out fun... ...8d40a8bb2cd33cbb1fa0f9a93b5678f7.jpg

I should probably ad that this was on my trusty die hard XTC wich unfortunately didn't make it into the pictures, but I swear it was there.......

Edited by BenReaper