Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

So far, everything on the bike feels excellent. As it should when you've upgraded from a Titan Trial!

I've changed the Fizik saddle to a WTB, which made the ride even more comfortable. The WTB saddle was the only change but I plan to do a few upgrades later on.

The tyres have been converted to tubeless by the previous owner, and so far I have not yet had a problem with them.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

What you mean by Unlike?? have you had bad luck with the Conti's, I find that my side walls always wear down much quicker than the tread

late to the conversation but I have run Conti tyres, both race king and X king.

Both leak sealant throught the sidewalls and are a bugger to get setup as tubeless, in mty experience anyway.

I have also managed to rip the cords in the sidewalls on both tyres when used a rear tyres. Might be my skinny rims fault but no other tyres have done it before or since then.

Holla Trails. While on holiday in KZN this Easter.

Sadly, my bike was stolen the night after this ride. [emoji22]

post-70738-1428384881,7385.jpg

I'm really gonna miss my X3 26er - we've had so many adventures, thrills and spills together. And in the 6+ years I've had it, it's never let me down no matter what the terrain or conditions. It just always kept going...

I've experienced some of the most exhilarating and rewarding moments of my life on this bike as I made new friends, learned new skills, pushed the envelope of my comfort zone and learned to trust my bike through the rough stuff.

I am usually totally unaffected by the loss of material possessions and just move on, but I'm surprised by the "grief" I'm experiencing having lost my trusty steed.

Anyway, wherever it ends up, I hope it continues to 'rail single track like a Stinger missile'...

How's the reign going, NicNac? Climbing?

The Reign and i, are just smiling, every time we are out together. :w00t:

I must say, i had my slight concerns about weight, and geometry, on the climbing part .... BUT ... that is gone. 

Did the climbing @ Hakahana Trails, on a much shorter time, and less exhausted as on my Scott  Aspect.

But .... hell .... that is not what it is intended for! The Trail's and Downhill's just more fun anyway!

Still playing around with the setup. Saddle was the first to go, followed by the handle bar. Replaced with the DaBomb Urbanizer, and the DaBomb Apache ( i missed the back swipe), changed the shifter to XT,as next the dropper has to go, and will be replaced with the DaBomb Cannon.

Oh .... the Brakes got a :thumbdown:  .... i realy, realy, needed to change them, with Saints :whistling:

I know, it is a total overkill, but the are just worth it, and needed to be on the bike, because, it deserves it!

The tire are Maxxis now, instead of Schwalbe, and i am impressed with the grip. Still brand new, lets see in about 6 month, how the hold up.