Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

999 for 100mb ... That's impossible... Is that your data only?

On the Vumatel network, your line rental and data is billed as one price.

I was R 648 for 20/20 and capped at 1 terabyte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... Telkom line is so much more expensive

Exactly unfortunately. And that's why I am saying. Their days and monopoly are numbered. As more suburbs are deployed with fibre and cost effective wireless they will lose the light. Pun intended.

Exactly unfortunately. And that's why I am saying. Their days and monopoly are numbered. As more suburbs are deployed with fibre and cost effective wireless they will lose the light. Pun intended.

I'm talking about Telkom fibre.. Open serve... Our area is supplied by them... They charge more for the basic fibre line every month. I pay 799 per month for 10/10 uncapped. My data is through ispafrika.. The line through vula would be R100 cheaper

I still pay DSTV.... i stay on a farm with not even a Telkom line in sight, they steal them as they replace them. What options do i have? Please advice in grade 4 language....

I still pay DSTV.... i stay on a farm with not even a Telkom line in sight, they steal them as they replace them. What options do i have? Please advice in grade 4 language....

DSTV

We took the plunge and cancelled our DSTV subscription and have been without it since 1 Feb. It has been a good transition as we have a lot of movies and a few series on a hard drive and bought some older blue ray movies for the toddler that were R40 each and all has been good.

Can honestly say that DSTV is a waste of money and you can make due without it as there are many other ways to get all the shows you want to watch.

Look for a company that serves wifi to rural areas, there must be towers somewhere close to you, or should be in future.

http://www.border.co.za/

http://www.africanadvice.com/Internet_Service_Providers/Eastern_Cape/

otherwise, phone your nearest computor shop, they should be able to tell you.

Disconnection processed online - I like that. No need to speak to anyone that could try convince me otherwise - I wonder if their retention department (if they have one) will call me between now and the 28th...  :ph34r:

post-1372-0-97697100-1488453437_thumb.png

Disconnection processed online - I like that. No need to speak to anyone that could try convince me otherwise - I wonder if their retention department (if they have one) will call me between now and the 28th...  :ph34r:

You're not really serious are you? I'll wager no calls.

As long as you disconnect before they take the money out of your account it is a done deal. So you still have 4 weeks to watch and change your mind.

I find since I've found kodi and mobdro that my Hulu subscription is also a waste of money and I'm not even sure I need Getflix any more either.

What I cannot work out though is how all these fabulous services are provided and not one person has asked me for money. Do these guys not eat or pay for their servers?

As long as you disconnect before they take the money out of your account it is a done deal. So you still have 4 weeks to watch and change your mind.

I find since I've found kodi and mobdro that my Hulu subscription is also a waste of money and I'm not even sure I need Getflix any more either.

What I cannot work out though is how all these fabulous services are provided and not one person has asked me for money. Do these guys not eat or pay for their servers?

100% -ri-us  :D 

I'll keep my Hulu subscription, for now, as it's linked to my Roku device - the kids know exactly where to go to watch their stuff. Having a VPN has other advantages, so Getflix also stays (for now).

Note: Comic Sans used for those on Tapatalk, like me.

Most do it for fun evenings and weekends to beat the system and the corporates... some of the addons do have links to paypal accounts where you can give a donation if you feel like

• 3 months later...

So, I don't have time to go through 57 pages. What sites paying or free are good for Live Cycling and Motorsport? We are in Dubai though. I have netflex for Wife and kids and have set up Supersport streaming for myself for sport. But i would like to watch more cycling and motorsport, more MX and MXGP. TIA 

So, I don't have time to go through 57 pages. What sites paying or free are good for Live Cycling and Motorsport? We are in Dubai though. I have netflex for Wife and kids and have set up Supersport streaming for myself for sport. But i would like to watch more cycling and motorsport, more MX and MXGP. TIA 

Carbon29er started a thread about what sites show what and what languages but for the life of me can't remember what the title is.

Carbon29er started a thread about what sites show what and what languages but for the life of me can't remember what the title is.

There is the Kodi thread that is a wealth of infomation