Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

I had no issues with Netflix and Nord but Showmax picks it up straight away....unless someone has a trick I have missed?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, once i have VPN...

What then, how do I subscribe to IT4 as it seems they very quickly state not available outside UK, and only in UK through one of their partners.

who does everyone subscribe to/how.

G

• 1 month later...

I either need to kidnap an 8 year old to help or ask for assistance here.

Netflix has stopped working on our TV.

I get an Error NW-2-4 which means network connectivity issues and have gone though all the troubleshooting steps.

I can still browse the internet via the TV so it's not a networking error. I have tried to reload the app but still no luck.

What next?

I either need to kidnap an 8 year old to help or ask for assistance here.

Netflix has stopped working on our TV.

I get an Error NW-2-4 which means network connectivity issues and have gone though all the troubleshooting steps.

I can still browse the internet via the TV so it's not a networking error. I have tried to reload the app but still no luck.

What next?

Get a media streamer like the Xiaomi Mi box. Native smart TV apps stop working because their software are generally not updated alongside the apps run on it. Once an app needs to update down the line it might not be compatible with the current operating system. 

Google's media players at least provide updates for their systems.

Are these things easy to setup?

It's pretty much a tablet but you use the TV as the screen. Load apps from the playstore or you can skollie load apps from the internet. Most will come with some stuff like the M-Net app pre loaded and pretty much all will have netflix pre loaded.

I even run Rouvy on mine. Well. not anymore but I can.

Basically plug n play.

Just connect to your network and sign in with your google account and you should be able to use all the preloaded app straight away.

It really is plug and play.

The only tricky part is figuring out the remote to hook up the wifi.

Get a media streamer like the Xiaomi Mi box. Native smart TV apps stop working because their software are generally not updated alongside the apps run on it. Once an app needs to update down the line it might not be compatible with the current operating system. 

Google's media players at least provide updates for their systems.

Just make sure that is you get a google certified unit, and it comes with google play store. otherwise you are going to go through endless issues. netflix wont play etc, 

connect, switch on,m log in, play

They come preloaded with the netflix app. Bonus is there are other apps that one can also load which gives tons of content.

so much choices, 

Just make sure that is you get a google certified unit, and it comes with google play store. otherwise you are going to go through endless issues. netflix wont play etc, 

connect, switch on,m log in, play

This exactly, the Ematic or Xiaomi are the ones to go for considering its hard to get an Nvidia Shield here.

Both players are exactly the same thing but the Ematic has an extra USB port if that matters to you.

I've had service with the Xiami mi. Only draw back is there's no ethernet port but you can get an adapter if that's a deal breaker. The new one also has 4k, haven't tested it yet though.

I've been a longstanding fan of Google Chromecast, but I recently bought a Xiaomi Mi TV Stick off Takealot for the living room, and it is so much easier to use. Granted, my home is pretty well connected with media servers and things, but the ease of use by remote is fantastic. And you can use Chromecast as well, win-win.

Unfortunately it's out of stock, but at R899 it's a definite winner.