Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Thanks. Will look at that option. Can't wait for Fibre though is kind of crappy having the equipment but being able to fully utilize it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your TV has the ability to tune onto the broadcast channels then you need a license unfortunately regardless of whether you watch the channels or not. One way around it is to but a large monitor with no receiver and connect a device to that. Good luck cancelling your TV license though if you already have one....

I don’t even live in SA anymore and I’m battling to cancel mine!!

Anyone interested in a Google Chromecast (Genuine) 3rd Generation???

I have a brand new one, still sealed in the box, but with a UK plug.

R750 including PostNet or Aramax shipping to you.

If interested, send me a pm.

Log onto your Netflix account and change the streaming settings. We set ours down to Standard and use about 1/3 of the data (700Mb per series episode vs 2Gb) and it looks fine.

Just did the Netflix thing yesterday for the first time. The Mrs managed to watch 26Gb of documentaries last night. I have now changed to standard.

Anyone interested in a Google Chromecast (Genuine) 3rd Generation???

I have a brand new one, still sealed in the box, but with a UK plug.

R750 including PostNet or Aramax shipping to you.

If interested, send me a pm.

Does it have the USB Power supply of just the plug?

My Ematic box arrived a few days ago. It was quite easy to set up and was able to get into the OS with minimal fuss. Took a while to update everything but once that was done I could start to fiddle.

Turns out having a Google Certified device that runs on the Android TV OS has it's issues... Google Chrome Browser for one is not compatible with the device.... I can't seem to log into DSTVNow for some reason. I get a code that pops up but I have no browser to type the URL into. I tried entering the code into the browser on my phone but each time I open the DSTV app on the TV I get a new code to enter...

APK Installer also not compatible either. (Wanted to side load Chrome and Mobdro)

I am sure I can google a fix but anybody here had similar issues?

Hi. Has anyone gone the Openserve route with Telkom? How is the LIT TV Box? Is it compatible with all LED tv's? I do not have a smart tv - only LED HD flatscreens

Edited by CogitoErgoSum

My ouma, who passed away in '92, bless her soul, still gets billed annually for her SAUK TV lisensie...She has been handed over so many times already...

Hi. Has anyone gone the Openserve route with Telkom? How is the LIT TV Box? Is it compatible with all LED tv's? I do not have a smart tv - only LED HD flatscreens

The LIT box is the Ematic box with Telkom branding.

Its just an HDMI connector so if your tv has HDMI then it will work.

My Ematic box arrived a few days ago. It was quite easy to set up and was able to get into the OS with minimal fuss. Took a while to update everything but once that was done I could start to fiddle.

Turns out having a Google Certified device that runs on the Android TV OS has it's issues... Google Chrome Browser for one is not compatible with the device.... I can't seem to log into DSTVNow for some reason. I get a code that pops up but I have no browser to type the URL into. I tried entering the code into the browser on my phone but each time I open the DSTV app on the TV I get a new code to enter...

APK Installer also not compatible either. (Wanted to side load Chrome and Mobdro)

I am sure I can google a fix but anybody here had similar issues?

Im still using my Roku so I havent bought an android box yet. There is a great thread with many users of that specific box here: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/ematic-4k-ultra-hd-android-tv-box-agt419-feedback.1037133/page-5#post-24025185

Definitely someone who will be able to help on that side.

I have It.. Its OK.. just plug in you HDMI, and away you go.

I use mine for Youtube, Netflix, Kodi and Plex, so cannot comment on DSTV app thingy..but  it does come preloaded with DSTV

Ours was easy enough to cancel I must say

Im still using my Roku so I havent bought an android box yet. There is a great thread with many users of that specific box here: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/ematic-4k-ultra-hd-android-tv-box-agt419-feedback.1037133/page-5#post-24025185

Definitely someone who will be able to help on that side.

I tried again this weekend and somehow was able to register/connect. Watched a bit of the Vuelta on Sunday so it has it's uses.

Eventually found a browser that was compatible with the box but nothing that will let you load apks yet. There is enough to watch without Mobdro for now.

New Kodi 18 won't find my external HDD connected to my router though...

Ours was easy enough to cancel I must say

Mine too. Sent the form via email to few addresses I found on myBB.