The Value Logistics FAST ONE

Long Wheel Base

Shortened to just "the fast one" is on Sunday the 25th January. For most its the first race of the year. Entries close tomorrow 13th January. 96KM big blade all the way. Last year there was quite a lot of prize money even for the seeded groups as well so lets hope its the same this year. Starts and finishes at the midvaal raceway.

Who's in?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Number Collection:

Cycle Lab Fourways; Thursday 22 January 2015 from 09:00 – 17:00 Friday 23 January 2015, from 09:00 – 17:00 OR Bedworth Park, Pick n Pay, Vereeniging; Saturday 24 January 2015, from 09:00 – 13:00

No thank you.....You're unimaginative entry procedure does not deserve my money.

Good luck to all who compete though........

Number Collection:

Cycle Lab Fourways; Thursday 22 January 2015 from 09:00 – 17:00 Friday 23 January 2015, from 09:00 – 17:00 OR Bedworth Park, Pick n Pay, Vereeniging; Saturday 24 January 2015, from 09:00 – 13:00

No thank you.....You're unimaginative entry procedure does not deserve my money.

Know the feeling, this race and R4V are the only two races that make number collection for me easy... all other races I have to take half day leave to drive through to Fourways to collect.

Really think they could get a better turn out if they came up with a better system.

Number Collection:

Paid entry fee, printed receipt - will race.

This will be my first time doing it and I want to know if the race really is "the fast one"? I have not trained for 2 weeks during December holidays and wonder if I will do in this race, not a very fast rider in the 1st place.

This will be my first time doing it and I want to know if the race really is "the fast one"? I have not trained for 2 weeks during December holidays and wonder if I will do in this race, not a very fast rider in the 1st place.

"Fast" is a relative term. Its all the same effort really, you just go FASTER if the course is flat.

So dont stress, and enjoy it!

This is just a perception, but I think the R4S is very unsafe.

From what I remember on the Fast One was slower, less riders, less traffic and I never bumped into shorter distance riders.

So in my opinion yes its safer.

Number Collection:

Quick question, But how is it that even after all of the money we pay Cycling SA annually (including the R350 for a racing license), we still have to pick up numbers for every race? Surely we could have a set number for the season?