A dark Africa lays ahead.....load shedding

Mojoman

Way to go. Why am I not surprised.

Although Ramaphosa has promised to keep the lights burning until 13 January, the new year promises to be a turbulent one for the flailing power utility. While the appointment of new CEO, Andre de Ruyter, has been welcomed by Eskom and the ruling African National Congress (ANC), trade unions have vowed to embark on crippling protests to oppose, what they deem to be, steps towards the privatisation of state-owned enterprises (SEOs).

Both the National Union of Metal Workers South Africa (Numsa) and the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) are intending to mobilise 50 000 workers in January as part of industrial action which will further hamper the operational mandate of SEOs.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough, I read somewhere that the unions are apparently willing to make big concessions on Eskom staff retrenchments...

Edited by Capricorn

Way to go. Why am I not surprised.

Although Ramaphosa has promised to keep the lights burning until 13 January, the new year promises to be a turbulent one for the flailing power utility. While the appointment of new CEO, Andre de Ruyter, has been welcomed by Eskom and the ruling African National Congress (ANC), trade unions have vowed to embark on crippling protests to oppose, what they deem to be, steps towards the privatisation of state-owned enterprises (SEOs).

Both the National Union of Metal Workers South Africa (Numsa) and the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) are intending to mobilise 50 000 workers in January as part of industrial action which will further hamper the operational mandate of SEOs.

Another Extension of Time Claim coming on two of our current construction sites

• 3 weeks later...

Started to look for other job options today... load shedding will kill us this year at the factory I think....Its something that will remain entrenched in day to day life for a long long time I think....

ANC.....Designed to Destroy.....

Started to look for other job options today... load shedding will kill us this year at the factory I think....Its something that will remain entrenched in day to day life for a long long time I think....

ANC.....Designed to Destroy.....

Sorry it is an old one I know; AC and DC we know; ANC - Absolutely No Current.

loadshedding stage 2 confirmed starting this evening from 22H00 .....

Damn that conveyor belt....

You've got to be kidding me!

Loadshedding through a Saturday night, before any of the industries are back from December break. This is getting rediculous!

We are so screwed.

Time for the private sector to say "Screw Eskom" and just get off the grid ASAP

It's not the conveyor belt... 

We know its not really the conveyor....here is the real problem....cANCer

But don't worry. Fat Squirrel of the South will order an inquiry....committees will be set up...money will be spent and the fat will get fatter....but nothing will change. 

post-12678-0-94726500-1578202095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mojoman

We know its not really the conveyor....here is the real problem....cANCer

But don't worry. Fat Squirrel of the South will order an inquiry....committees will be set up...money will be spent and the fat will get fatter....but nothing will change. 

attachicon.gifimages.jp

Squirrel who as DP was tasked to oversee all SOE's including Eskom, and even though under his watch expressed surprise at the amount of corruption that took place. Medupi has been a problem almost from the start yet he only saw fit to visit to the site for the first time a month or two back.

Edited by scotty

My alarm went off at 3am this morning because of load shedding.

Seems I need a new battery for it, as a side note it seems my batteries in my inverter are also shot because Im only getting about an hour run time on it.

Thanks Eskom!