Article: Albe Geldenhuys of USN

Squier

This site is renowned for the author’spersonal vendettas against nutrition brands, and other companies who conduct business outside of the ethical medicines arena.  

Help a noob here, I don't get the meaning of this sentence?

What is the "ethical medicines arena"? And I take it is a good thing to conduct business outside of it? But if you are outside of the ethical arena are you not unethical?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the position USN puts me in. A few (a small few) of their products are quite good and I like using them: the toothpaste tube vooma gels, the new purefit carb drink, but a lot of them are just ridiculous.

he first time I found out they did their own "PowerBalance" band I had the same reaction to boycott them. Now I just try to ignore all the marketing nonsense and focus on the individual products.

I really wish they'd tone down the marketing though. Calling a combination of glucose, sucrose and fructose a "3-Stage Glycomatrix carbohydrate drink" is just silly! :wacko:

Use big scientific words and the gullible I mean people will flock to buy it. I mean if it sounds complicated it has to work. Oh this is not aimed at USN, just marketing in general.

On side note one of the better books I've read on sport nutrition is a book called "optimum sports nutrition" by dr michael colgan, although afterwards you felt like you will never be able to get the right food in. Book is a bit old now if I remember correct published 1995. He also gave helpful tips on what to look out for on supplements

Really, they make factual claims on the labels? maybe read them again

Good grief it was a quick joke to try and lighten the mood around here.

Maybe read it again...

Here's the link to this article:

http://www.camcheck.co.za/albe-geldenhuys-of-usn/

Wow, really controversial, whether you agree with it or not. They're taking on quite a powerful guy...

I struggle to take a article with so many exclamation marks seriously. I have  no opinion about USN or any of the other rubbish out there, but that is a terribly written article. 

Help a noob here, I don't get the meaning of this sentence?

What is the "ethical medicines arena"? And I take it is a good thing to conduct business outside of it? But if you are outside of the ethical arena are you not unethical?

Ethical medicines arena, as in MCC contolled, neutro- and schedule pharmceuticals that have proven effects and have been on the market after millions are invested in clinical trials to prove their efficacy.

Sorry you dont understand the difference between that and complimentary medicines and supplements

Hi Albe 

Welcome to The Hub.

Thanks for the chat last night, I would love to join you when I get to your valley, but more so I want to feel and touch that Ferrari  :blush:

Speak again  :thumbup:

Anton

haha..cant win either way, its ok to post the article but not ok to post the official response. Haters gonna hate, carry on as you were

Ethical medicines arena, as in MCC contolled, neutro- and schedule pharmceuticals that have proven effects and have been on the market after millions are invested in clinical trials to prove their efficacy.

Sorry you dont understand the difference between that and complimentary medicines and supplements

Thanks. That is why I asked...

haha..cant win either way, its ok to post the article but not ok to post the official response. Haters gonna hate, carry on as you were

Aah, I see you are not Albe but just posting on his behalf.

You should make that clear to us .

USN, Hi5' Biogen, etc etc etc etc............if it works for you buy....if it don't then give it a skip........my Friday arvie comment..

i just got reminded how much i hate nutrition information and what works and dont!  :unsure:

If you ask 25 people you'll get 25 answers...

here you go:

USN would like to state the allegations made in the article posted on www.camcheck.co.za are categorically unsubstantiated and defamatory. This site is renowned for the author’s malicious views, and his personal vendettas against nutrition brands, and other companies who conduct business outside of the ethical medicines arena.  

For many years, USN has been, and continues to be, the leading advocate in South Africa for safe and effective supplement development, global reach manufacturing, warehousing and ethical retail. USN has been cleared of the assertions referenced within the main body of this article as a course of resulting ASA investigations, where USN has provided sufficient and substantiating evidence to support the research material and product development processes.

Nutritional information and label claims are made according to the respective laws at the time, and they remain substantiated and correct at the time of print. Furthermore, USN has been committed to updating all label claims, nutritional information and product offerings as the dynamics of the relevant laws changes and adapts. This results in further protection of consumer rights, something which we wholeheartedly support.

USN has a complex research and development model, and the raw ingredients as well as the finished products are tested regularly by a third party, independent, internationally recognised and accredited testing laboratory. Products also undergo HFL screening in the UK. The organisation is compliant with both legal regulations and ethical obligations in the manufacturing of sports supplements. Please visit our website for more information and facts: www.usn.co.za.

We have initiated the due legal processes necessary to have the allegations removed from www.camcheck.co.za website. We have always been, and continue to be an ethical company, with standards above the industry requirements. Please feel free to contact us on info@usn.co.za or 0861111876 should you have any further enquiries.

Regards,

Albe Geldenhuys

Chairman & CEO: USN                                         

hi Albe 

Thanks for taking the time to reply, would you be so kind as to point us to a link to a independently tested, peer review article/study scientifically proving that products like Phedra cut hyper core, phedra cut lava sticks, 17 Testo, Test GH, VO2 Max, Cramp block. Anabolic nitro x, to name but a few works and does what it claims to do? 

In fact, I'm curious, what does Phedra-cut hypercore do? I see no description on the website as to what it actually does? Also I see Cramp block is not called that anymore, why is that?

I'm sure you are very proud of your company and products and wont have a problem in sharing some test results with us consumers showing how superior your products are to other supplements? 

Regards

I'm sure you are very proud of your company and products and wont have a problem in sharing some test results with us consumers showing how superior your products are to other supplements? 

Forget other supplements, I'd settle for them showing their superiority to placebos.

hi Albe  Thanks for taking the time to reply, would you be so kind as to point us to a link to a independently tested, peer review article/study scientifically proving that products like Phedra cut hyper core, phedra cut lava sticks, 17 Testo, Test GH, VO2 Max, Cramp block. Anabolic nitro x, to name but a few works and does what it claims to do? In fact, I'm curious, what does Phedra-cut hypercore do? I see no description on the website as to what it actually does? Also I see Cramp block is not called that anymore, why is that? I'm sure you are very proud of your company and products and wont have a problem in sharing some test results with us consumers showing how superior your products are to other supplements?  Regards

I am embarrassed to admit it, but I tried one of those Lava stick things once, and Gees, it was unpleasant. My face turned bright fricken pink and patchy and I started shaking. I am convinced it brought on menopause. As a guy, it was distressing.

Archived