I'm closing my Hub Account

Guest Omega Man

attachicon.gif2015-01-23_0930.png

That sounds like favoritism, someone with authority around here is making decisions in favor of LK

Swiss I don't know if you are baiting me into agreeing with your post but I fully agree with you 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The intention does not matter. It could have been good or bad, and to determine this is a subjective test. But, it is a public account, I have friends and foes, and if I don't want foe to see my account, I must change my privacy settings. The mere act of copy and pasting info that is freely and publicly available is not against any morals. This is my view for what it is worth.

And a reading of the hub's rules bears this out...

We will not tolerate posting the contents of any private conversations (Private Message, email or otherwise) or the posting the private information of any individual. Unless the information is already publicly available elsewhere it should not be posted on The Hub. We reserve the right to remove such postings

(Note: not my bolding; copied as is.) 

We need some serious change and fast...

I really wish you would fix that irritating search button on the upper right side of the screen that automatically pops up every time the mouse pointer moves over it. It should only pop up when clicked and not when the pointer moves over it..... 

This is my little issue.. there seems to be some Bias... cos of someone who thinks they are an international celebrity..... whooooohooooo!!

This is just an accident of genetics and family - there is no relationship between Myles and the behaviour/attitude/actions of his sister in law at all.

The number of medals he has and his stellar performances has also no relationship either.

Kind of key to keeping things in perspective I think.

But anyway - sorry to see you go - keep the rubber down and the hairy bits up. :)

got to agree..thats like say that because my daughter is at school with a young zuma she is a thieving lier

What is this "fair fight" thing you speak of? This is thehub - over here we only punch from behind, kick when they're down and throw bottles from 15m away!

Sorry you're so right. I'm still basking in the "A+" I got on my self righteousness test

The intention does not matter. It could have been good or bad, and to determine this is a subjective test. But, it is a public account, I have friends and foes, and if I don't want foe to see my account, I must change my privacy settings. The mere act of copy and pasting info that is freely and publicly available is not against any morals. This is my view for what it is worth.

There are many of us who know how to use the search function for stuff on the internet, but the feeling that comes across when a group of people are digging into your personal life because they are collecting all of these public spaces you have into one area so that other random strangers get to focus on every word and posting you have made as a group actively trying to find some word to justify that person's crucifixtion is the REAL issue with merging all of this info into one place!

I just realised Omega Man called me a worm.

Now I'm all pissed off again!!!!!

But you are a world class worm

I hardly come to the Hub any longer, not for any specific reason, but because this place has become a few hubbers soap box, when things do not go their way or their awesomeness gets called into question another thread is created bemoaning another thread cause someone said something.

That been said, Admin, your decision to not allow a legitimate response is bollocks, you  let that thread run way too long, and to lock it right after a response was given by "the accused" which seriously lacks credibility and has major holes in it, smacks of favouritism and impartiality.

We are constantly bombarded with "he said" - "she said" rhetoric, but an individual has tangible proof of conversations and the like and it is disallowed? 

This website is yours, granted, but this has stirred up much emotion, emotion which was allowed to get out of hand, by your and the moderators choice, the balance would like to see some concrete evidence to close the debate and it is not allowed.

Closing your account because of this, is silly, there are many more deserving reasons on these forums, lets see the truth, your blind faith may then be changed, methinks you have backed the wrong horse....

Sorry you're so right. I'm still basking in the "A+" I got on my self righteousness test

Bloody noobs - please reference my post where I stated that I'm a fookin awesome duathlete. You were wrong before you even started typing.

I once gave blood and the nurse told me I was A negative - I immediately started shouting "who you calling a pessimist???" then I found her riding routes on strava and slashed her bike tyres when she parked it at Fournos Bakery.

This is nothing new, big post claiming sadness at the community and going to cancel his/her account etc etc..

He will be back under a new name...

this forum is just going through what every forum goes through, life will go on...

Quite simply because it's wrong, in the scope of the thread that they were being published in.

Same thing happened to me when someone misunderstood a comment I made about 3 or 4 years ago here, and WHAM - my professional and private Facebook pages were shared in one of the responses, and I got attacked both here and via facebook - something that can be exceedingly damaging to both a person's professional and personal lives.

In my case, the misunderstanding was taken completely out of context, and the perpetrator was proven wrong multiple times - but the damage was done. I wasn't threatened with intervention on my rides, or had my strava routes checked for places where an "accident would happen" - but in the same vein, it is extremely damaging. 

So - given the tone of the thread they were shared on (calling for her head etc) it was IMO wrong for those details to be posted.

Hacking private info is illegal. You have a right to privacy, as enshrined in our constitution. 

There were hubbers defending the seller, some stayed neutral, some informed a relative of the accusations and some got a bit emotional. 

Posting the link is not wrong. Copy and pasting a facebook page might get you into trouble with FB, seeing that they might have proprietary rights.

My 2cents worth

***EXCLUSIVE***

LEAKED FOOTAGE OF OMEGA MAN RUNNING AWAY FROM THE HUB

http://media0.giphy.com/media/WVZJjg9SY5kQ0/giphy.gif

Hacking private info is illegal. You have a right to privacy, as enshrined in our constitution. 

There were hubbers defending the seller, some stayed neutral, some informed a relative of the accusations and some got a bit emotional. 

Posting the link is not wrong. Copy and pasting a facebook page might get you into trouble with FB, seeing that they might have proprietary rights.

My 2cents worth

Yes, I understand that - however, you have to consider it in light of the context of the thread, and what the link was likely to achieve. It was posted with the express intent (so it seemed) to allow people to "stalk" the accused. If the tone of the thread had been different, it wouldn't have mattered. 

In closing - context matters. 

Archived