Cyclist down in Camps Bay

VeloRacer

A cyclist has been crushed by a construction truck in Victoria Road, Bakoven.

Details are a bit sketchy, apparently a MyCiti bus came too close the cyclist and he got too close to the pavement and fell off his bike. The construction truck then drove over him.

RIP

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A cyclist has been crushed by a construction truck in Victoria Road, Bakoven.

Details are a bit sketchy, apparently a MyCiti bus came too close the cyclist and he got too close to the pavement and fell off his bike. The construction truck then drove over him.

RIP

Ag no! When did this happen?

RIP to the rider...

RIP

I also just heard about it via some friends of friend who are vultures...

So sad

post-6947-0-43641500-1424176704_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnie

R.I.P.  Strongs to the family, :mellow: way to many off  these posts friends, we need someone to daily email these posts off to relevant "officials" get them so worked up that we can actually say something is being done, even if its by cyclist irritating them into action

I ride that section 2-3 times a week. 

The construction section certainly narrow the roads, and cars parked all along the sides also do not help with safe passing distances. 

RIP Brother cyclist! Praying for his family.

Our roads are getting more and more dangerous. Had a truck real close to me on the M4 headed into Fish Hoek. Makes you realize how super aware you need to be out there!