Cyclist down in Camps Bay

VeloRacer

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notmyname

Horrific. RIP rider, positive vibes for the family and those that were close.

It is incredibly mind numbing to realise that as a society we have reached the point that people who operate vehicles are prepared to risk the life of a person in order to make up 30 seconds on the road! The longest average hold up of a bicycle and motor vehicle interaction is roughly 30 seconds.

As cyclists we all know what it is like to have that instance where you share a section of road with THAT type of driver who deliberately chooses to risk your life for those brief couple of seconds! In the overwhelming majority of accidents this will always be the root cause. I don't see how we can change this mindest in our country though...

ah no man this this sh!t. FFS! Had an Audi pass me on the same spot yesterday so close to me that i could feel he mirror. 

best wishes to the family. 

IF YOU'RE RIDING THROUGH THAT STRETCH, PLEASE OWN THE ROAD!!!! Ride in the middle of the lane and signal for vehicles to slow down! Rather have an irrate driver behind you, than you running out of road when some driver attempts to overtake you and another vehicle approaches from the front!

Feel so angry and helpless all at the same time about this! How many more before something tangible gets done?????

Edited by Tubehunter

IF YOU'RE RIDING THROUGH THAT STRETCH, PLEASE OWN THE ROAD!!!! Ride in the middle of the lane and signal for vehicles to slow down! Rather have an irrate driver behind you, than you running out of road when some driver attempts to overtake you and another vehicle approaches from the front!

Feel so angry and helpless all at the same time about this! How many more before something tangible gets done?????

Own every road you ride on. Riding in the gutter gives the motorist the excuse he did not see you. Ride where you feel safe. And wear bright coloured top like the new Stay wider of the rider shirt.