Cyclist down in Camps Bay

VeloRacer

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is just so heart wrenchingly sad. Another family loses a loved one. When does this stop? Patricia de Lille, time to earn your mayoral stripes and start enforcing the law in the town which you manage on OUR behalf. The people gave you the vote, now give the people your support. Please, this H A S  G O T   TO   S T O P ! ! ! :eek: :thumbdown:

Terrible. 

I don't want to imagine the sadness within his family tonight. 

Close call this morning myself and now contemplating to move off the road entirely. Kloofnek, going up, still one lane per direction. Oncoming traffic, myCity bus from behind, me cycling next to parking cars - he left me about 20 cms squeezing through at 60 km/h. At 5.30 in the morning where you think you are sort of safe. :-( 

Makes me feel physically ill.

If there's a protest ride, I'll be there.

the only place to protest is outside the offices of myciti bus and the company whose truck killed the cyclist. other than that its just an occasion some people who love the sound of their own voices 

Terrible news.

Condolences to the family.

My City buses are a problem in this area. Was ridden off the road by one

last week between camps bay and bantry bay. When i confronted driver he just looked away and drove off.

this is the problem when you put taxi drivers into buses... now they have

bigger weapons to cause damage to other road users.

Has PPA ever bothered to take up my suggestion of visiting these work premises and holding seminars and driver training and awareness sessions. I remember they asked me for details of some of the big tour bus companies.

Would be interesting to know if they made the effort or if the companies told them to sod off.

I drove that piece of road on Sunday with clients and I hung back on that section and closer to the white line to allow a group of riders space, knowing there was a shoulder coming up and I would get space to pass... And what happens a faster group of riders over takes the group I'm waiting for, undertaking me and forcing me over the line. It's Nogales scary when the come up so quickly - especially as that road is fairly twisty up to that point.

RIP to the Cyclist and Strongs to the family....

Car Think Bike and Bike Think Car!

Has PPA ever bothered to take up my suggestion of visiting these work premises and holding seminars and driver training and awareness sessions. I remember they asked me for details of some of the big tour bus companies.

Would be interesting to know if they made the effort or if the companies told them to sod off.

I drove that piece of road on Sunday with clients and I hung back on that section and closer to the white line to allow a group of riders space, knowing there was a shoulder coming up and I would get space to pass... And what happens a faster group of riders over takes the group I'm waiting for, undertaking me and forcing me over the line. It's Nogales scary when the come up so quickly - especially as that road is fairly twisty up to that point.

RIP to the Cyclist and Strongs to the family....

Car Think Bike and Bike Think Car!

I cycle that route a lot before work. I have also had the experience of a MyCiti bus driver holding back and waiting for space to overtake me, which was at the end of that stretch which then opens up with an emergency lane. I waved in appreciation and he signaled back, a very pleasant and save experience.

I would like to add that the stretch of road in question takes me less than a minute to cycle. So why are these buses/taxis/cars not waiting for the road to open up. What is the effing hurry?